Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Introducing the New B&B Front Page (Pt. II)

I like the cohesiveness of it all. Especially at the top of the page.
    I don't like the new online/offline indicators.

If anyone wants to customize it themselves can mess around with firefox addons greasemoney and stylish along with Platypus, which lets you edit any page online as if it were in frontpage or dreamweaver.
    -Jordan
    The world needs more humble geniuses, there are so few of us left.

I like the old one myself.

The new one is nice looking, but it is too reminiscent an Apple site from 1999; which isn't necessarily a bad thing - it is a GREAT looking skin. But it just doesn't mesh with the shaving atmosphere at all.

I don't know if this skin was custom made by someone here, or downloaded from a skin site. IMHO, a custom, B&B-only, skin designed with shaving and this particular forum in mind, would be more suiting.

Something masculine and rugged, yet clean and easy to read.

This is just a quick mockup I made while at work to attempt to convey my thoughts, trying to incorporate the razor and brush into the logo:
    Last edited by stevensj2; 02-11-2008 at 12:11 PM.
    "[I][COLOR="Brown"][B]Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.[/i][/B][/COLOR]"
    [COLOR="DimGray"] - Henry David Thoreau[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]SOTD: Merkur HD | Derby | TOBS Avocado |Floid Italian[/COLOR][/B]

I am glad the most recent posts are back on the front page.

love it .......

Quote Originally Posted by stevensj2 View Post

This is just a quick mockup I made while at work to attempt to convey my thoughts, trying to incorporate the razor and brush into the logo:
    Awesome!!! That is a nice skin!

Joe
    Death. Inevitable. If death is inevitable, what is left? Style, only style.

The new one is nice looking, but it is too reminiscent an Apple site from 1999; which isn't necessarily a bad thing - it is a GREAT looking skin. But it just doesn't mesh with the shaving atmosphere at all.

I don't know if this skin was custom made by someone here, or downloaded from a skin site. IMHO, a custom, B&B-only, skin designed with shaving and this particular forum in mind, would be more suiting.

That's cool, too. I do like the logo.
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx

7. Default

Awesome! Did you just make that? We'd love to have someone skilled create some B&B logo's/graphics, etc!
    - Joel
    joel (at) badgerandblade.com

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Awesome! Did you just make that? We'd love to have someone skilled create some B&B logo's/graphics, etc!
    Thanks. I made that earlier today during my lunch break, trying out an idea I had (I sometimes have more free time than I know what to do with ).

I'd be more than happy to offer a hand w/ graphics and things, if needed.
    "[I][COLOR="Brown"][B]Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.[/i][/B][/COLOR]"
    [COLOR="DimGray"] - Henry David Thoreau[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]SOTD: Merkur HD | Derby | TOBS Avocado |Floid Italian[/COLOR][/B]

Thumbs down Hall of Shame (HoF submission form br0k3n by new theme)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As those returning to B&B can clearly tell, we've improved our Front Page, once more.
    You certainly have. In doing that, though, you have also broken the Hall of Fame submission form.

Images

Thanks for the heads up. HoF should be back to normal now.

-Nick

My two cents..Love the new look. Great job
    Jeff

[B]Razors:[/B] Futur/Progress
    [B]Blades:[/B] Derby's/Feathers
    [B]Brushes: [/B]B&B Faux Horn Finest Silvertip
    [B]Soaps:[/B] Mama Bear's
    [B]Creams:[/B] T&H

[URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10447"]Jeff's Hall of Fame Entry[/URL]

What's the point of dating without games? How do you know if you're winning or losing?-Jerry Seinfield