What's new

Penhaligon's Now At AoS Stores!

Gents, this weekend I noticed our local AoS store is carrying Pens fragrances. I saw Blenheim, Douro, Endymion, Quercus, Sartorial, Juniper Sling, and Zizonia. Price was $150.

Cheers, Todd

That's cool... I'll have to make my way up to the Plaza sometime soon, even though I've already sampled some of those.

And I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that AOS would jack up the price $25 compared to everywhere else in the world! Haha.

that's real news, todd!
i suppose that they also have testers, so that's a great way to try out stuff.
pricewise, don't forget that they (used to) have 20% discount sales twice yearly.
now, did they have only fragrances or also shave cream??

I wonder if they'll do that in NYC, where there is a Pen's counter at Saks and they also sell it at a few other places (including Pasteur), or if AOS is simply a good outlet for them in markets where they have no other brick and mortar presence.

I'll have to check out my local AoS store.

pricewise, don't forget that they (used to) have 20% discount sales twice yearly.

I don't think AoS had any sales last year but they had two sales this year, one for Father's Day and a Friends & Family sale in August.

I wonder if they'll do that in NYC, where there is a Pen's counter at Saks and they also sell it at a few other places (including Pasteur), or if AOS is simply a good outlet for them in markets where they have no other brick and mortar presence.
'
It's odd that there is an AoS store right across the street from the uptown Pasteurs and Pasteur carries a full line of AoS. Pasteurs had added Penhaligon, Floris & Knize in the last year or two.

Gents, I should clarify the price "quote". If you go to our dear old Penhaligon's web site you will see that some of their fragrances have been boosted to $150 as well. Anything that comes from the their sort of reimagined line carries the hefty price tag. So when the girl at the counter quoted me the price, it may have been only for the Zizonia and Juniper Sling. Those are at the $150 price point at Penhaligon's web site. So it may be a case by case. In any event, shipping from NYC to cattle country would likely negate most a $25 difference anyway. For those around Cowtown it may do to call first.

Cheers, Todd

BTW, the only thing I saw were the frags. And they have a number of the old tallow refill cakes in unscented and I THINK lemon. It is worth a look for the locals.

I checked this morning, and they do have a selection of Pens at the AOS in Grand Central.

The salesperson said that Penhaligon's is "only available at Saks and the Art of Shaving." I hope she was just unaware and that this doesn't mean Pens is getting pulled from Pasteur. (DO YOU HEAR ME PENHALIGON'S? DON'T MESS WITH OUR FRIENDS AT PASTEUR!)

I think Saks was the only retail chain that carries Pen currently in the USA. There are several small boutique retailers that probably would not be affected. Nor the growing number of gray market on line retailers. Got to wonder if this was initiated by Pens or by P&G, as a step toward expanding 'strategic partnerships' and options with AOS, versus strictly inhouse products. Interesting times.

I think Saks was the only retail chain that carries Pen currently in the USA. There are several small boutique retailers that probably would not be affected. Nor the growing number of gray market on line retailers. Got to wonder if this was initiated by Pens or by P&G, as a step toward expanding 'strategic partnerships' and options with AOS, versus strictly inhouse products. Interesting times.

From a marketing standpoint I think it makes sense for both brands in terms of the image they are trying to convey. Presumably AOS won't carry Pen's shaving products, however.

The lady manager of our K.C. store told me the same about some exclusiveness. I rather doubt it. Shoplondons still lists all the scents on their site. And the start up Old Town Shaving seems to as well. Likely just a miscommunication. Maybe the limited stuff like Zizonia and Juniper Sling are only sold AoS boutiques but again, I rather doubt it.

Cheers, Todd

I checked this morning, and they do have a selection of Pens at the AOS in Grand Central.

The salesperson said that Penhaligon's is "only available at Saks and the Art of Shaving." I hope she was just unaware and that this doesn't mean Pens is getting pulled from Pasteur. (DO YOU HEAR ME PENHALIGON'S? DON'T MESS WITH OUR FRIENDS AT PASTEUR!)

I'd like to hear that from the AoS store at 61st & Lexington. I'd tell them that Pens is across the street at Pasteur and probably at better prices!!!!!!!

I'd wager that the AOS store would price match Pasteur in the same city.
Let me go further...fair competition is good for us!

I seriously doubt anyone sells Penhaligon's for any less than suggested retail. Companies like Penhaligon's are very anal about minimum advertised prices and what can and cannot be discounted. And sometimes then only under approval by them or face losing your authorised dealership. Some of these exclusivity clauses and MAP policies can be very stringent. AoS is this way. Simpson's brushes are this way. The list goes on. Penhaligon's is not an impulse purchase. If you know what to ask for you know what you will be paying. I strongly believe if Penhaligon's has agreed to sell their fragrances at AoS stores then there was probably a contract full of clauses as long as your arm.

Cheers, Todd

....and the best thing is they have tester bottles for the C&S and Knize. I didn't see tester bottles for Floris or Penhaligons though.
Where else would I ever be able to try a spray of Knize Two????

Nowhere else, except maybe the Scent Bar at Lucky Scent. I love the reference to Knize Two. A few years ago I would have considered it one of the most obscure and hard to get of scents, and it is one I have intended to get a split of for a long time. In fact I did not realize folks anywhere could get a spray of Knize Two. What do folks think of it?

Top Bottom