What's new

Czech & Speake compared to Panna Crema

I'm in the market for a new soap. I've been eyeing off the Czech & Speake 88 for quite sometime.

Given its price point, and the tallow, I want to get some idea of its lather.

Can anyone give me an idea, or comparison to Panna Crema which is tallow based and which I rate highly?

Personally speaking, I enjoy the lather from Panna Crema slightly more. I find the Panna Crema makes a slightly thicker and denser lather which I prefer.

I can't speak for Panna Crema, but after trying a puck of C&S Oxford & Cambridge, I have replaced it and added a puck of 88 as well. It is that good.

I don't know the exact formula PC is using now, but I got to try a few samples while he was still working on it, and they were better than AOS (pre-reform, made by valobra), which as I understand it is the same soap as C&S.

I certainly would never pay for C&S what it costs unless I was in love with the scent. Same went for AOS. Overpriced soaps and I could name a dozen that perform better. Not bad, but they AREN'T worth the cost because of the performance by any stretch of the imagination.

Thanks for the interesting thread. I have the C&S O&C and I love it. The scent is divine and the lather fantastically slick and protective. Sure its pricey but I like to indulge myself once in a while. I have not tried PC yet but you have definitely sparked my interest.

Thanks for the interesting thread. I have the C&S O&C and I love it. The scent is divine and the lather fantastically slick and protective. Sure its pricey but I like to indulge myself once in a while. I have not tried PC yet but you have definitely sparked my interest.

This, my friend.

Cheers, Todd

I have the C&S 88 and PC in most if not all scents. If you go for C&S refill the price is comparable with PC+shipment. Both brands provide sublime lather each distinguished in its own way. I cannot tell which is better I enjoy them both immensely. C&S is scented much stronger and 88 is superb scent. PC on the other hand offers unique scents that will not disappoint. My advise get both you will not regret it.

Get both, if only one 88. I like PC but think it may be slightly over rated. Still great but I love a good triple milled, excellent smelling English tallow (even though I am pretty sure it is originally made it Italy, it feels old English). And scent and lather of C&S is top tier.

Once you finish it get the soap you skipped, then Synergy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used most of the PC soaps, and while the performance is second to none in terms of ease of lather, slickness, cushion, post shave feel, the scents are rather subdued and lackluster. I just used C&S Oxford & Cambridge this evening for the first time and I must say that the performance of the C&S soap is equal to PC..... and the Oxford & Cambridge Lavender scent puts it over the top. I couldn't believe how easy the C&S soap was to lather...... and the lather was simply spectacular. I will be getting the No. 88 soap now..... things are coming up "roses" :thumbup: .

Ben

I'm about to try out the PC and also heard good things about C&S, but a refill of C&S cost $39 compared to PC at 8 euro's plus shipping, and I also get a voucher for 50% off my next order of PC.

Scent is not a make or break for me, I want performance, although the PC, I think smells really good. I don't really like a heavy scent and certainly don't like any face freeze type product.

I have 4 PC tubs sitting in front of me, I hope to try the C&S at some point.

Top Bottom