What's new

How many coffees a day do you drink?

How many coffees per day do you drink, in average?

• 3 or 4

• 4, 5 or 6

• 7 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello!

Just curious to see how much of a coffee addict everyone here is.

And maybe we will be able to estabilish a correlation between being a wet shaver (having Acquisition Disorder) and being coffee addicted!

For my part, 3 coffees in a day (morning, afternoon and early evening) is my maximum, because given my quite tiny body, more than this would have me jumping around all night.

How about you?

Last edited:
Just to clarify, how big of a cup are we considering? I usually have mine in 16oz increments, so I counted that as one cup.

2 a day for me. I have one large mug when I wake up in the morning, and then I fix myself a large travel mug to take with me to work. If I'm off that day, it will be one at home and a Grande at Starbucks.

Just to clarify, how big of a cup are we considering? I usually have mine in 16oz increments, so I counted that as one cup.

2 a day for me. I have one large mug when I wake up in the morning, and then I fix myself a large travel mug to take with me to work. If I'm off that day, it will be one at home and a Grande at Starbucks.

I was never one for checking dosages. :smartass:

I typically get away with 1 on week days. Weekends I hit 2 or 3. Occassionally I'll have a cup of decaf with dessert in the evening, depends on my mood. So I averaged it out at 2 and voted that way. :)

I use a 10 oz cup and drink 2 to 3 double americanos in the morning and then another 3 cups of pour over or press in the evening. If I have coffee in the air pot (which I normally do) I can go through another 3-4 cups during the mid day hours so...... Anywhere from 6 to 10 cups a day is average for me.

I grind and brew my own in the morning. So usually drink about 2-4 cups. However, my office just got a Keurig and Ive found it's really convenient and makes decent coffee(well better than the Foldgers they had before) so my coffee consumption has dramatically increased lately.

I have started to leave my espresso machine turned on all day. Just to keep it at the right temperature, you understand.:drool:

I have 2 mugs in the morning and sometimes 1 in the afternoon. One day years ago I drank 8 cups at work then at night in bed I had the shakes so bad I couldn't sleep. Now I limit it to not more than 3 a day.

2 10oz mugs to get me out the door every morning [folgers]
a 6 oz coffee every 45-60 minutes after that at work [luckily free and over 20 flavours to choose from]
no coffee after work at home but if i'm out, there are more
i'm in the 10+ cup category but i do try to have decaf french roast after lunch so i can sleep at night
i do suffer RAD and SCAD

2 cups in the morning while reading the forum, and a thermos bottle (about 6 cups)before noon. I drink water the rest of the day.

2 in the morning before I leave for work, then I make a fresh pot when I get to the firehouse. Usually another pot before dinner, and if we are up all night on calls, another pot when we get back to the station.

I probably drink somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-4 on non-work days, 7-8 on shift.

2 mugs today , yesterday pot and a half. Can drink coffee and then go to bed without any problems so I sometimes will have a pot some evenings.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
at least 3 cups in the mornings only. Sometimes more along 4 or 5. but at least 3.

In my 20's I would have around 10 cups of black coffee a day. Found I got chest pains, heart beat seemed to race, dizziness, etc. Laid off coffee, cokes, chocolate bars....to about one of each per week. Pains, racing heart, dizziness went away. Found out I was sensitive to caffeine.

Although I'm in my 60's now and still limit my caffeine intake....I still love the smell of coffee in the morning.

Depends on the method of brewing and day of the week. I drink more if it's auto-drip and less if it's double shot americano. But usually somewhere between 4-7 cups. Probably averages out to about 6 cups (8-10 oz each).

Top Bottom