What's new

What your EDC (Every Day Carry)

Now that the court system in my home state has seen fit to ban most attorneys and court administrators from carrying "weapons" (pen knives and up) into judicial centers, my EDC is an ink pen and a set of car keys.

Funny, the same Judges that disarmed the rest of us are exempt from their own rule, and they also have armed bailiffs and a series of secured doors for their protection. Everyone else is vulnerable the instant they step out of their car. It's nice to be thought of as a sacrificial early warning system for some Judge. Just a matter of time before they get somebody killed due to disarming everyone else in the court system.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Wow some of you really carry some serious stuff, for me its
- keys (with a Fox 40 and Fenix e01)
- wallet
- a victorinox classic (i bite my nails so this helps me get into things)
- phone

I do have a Griptillian 555, but I only bring it if I know i'll be using it that day (when we get supplies/boxes), nothing really with the sole purpose of self defence.... just these two guns *holds up his fists/Smith and Weston* lol

After you have been forced to face off with a mentally-unstable, armed individual under indictment for murder, then your "wit" may have some validity. I prefer to heed the old motto, "Be Prepared."

Yeah I just don't feel it's justifiable to be unprepared. I've used that paracord so many times I have had to fully replace it in my kit as posted above 3 rimes since last summer. And some of those items are daily use, some are only every few weeks. I've since removed the triangle bandage and added a 5500mah battery. Change has been slow coming to this kit since my original post. Still haven't gotten the flashlight and Spy hasn't come through with a discount I was supposed to get, so I think it's about time I stop putting off the sunglasses purchase. It was interesting showing this kit to my father, hes quite the opposite. I suspect he feels putting on pants before heading to work is bordering on over preparation.

I've been putting a lot of thought into EDC and what items would bring the most benefit to me. Fortunately where I live there isn't very much risk of running into "baddies" and I work from home, so again that limits my "exposure". I just got a Spyderco Air (Gayle Bradley) via Massdrop. I have been wanting a pocket knife for some time and thus far it has served me well. I specifically chose the Air for its light weight (I live in a year round hot climate, so typical wear are shorts and tee shirts). If I go out to a job site, then I'll typically be wearing jeans and will have an ArmyTek Pro clipped to my belt along with the Air in my pocket. I've been thinking about adding the Quiet Carry Mini Q key organizer with drop point / bottle opener blade to replace my keychain and keys. I can't justify the cost right now, but perhaps for my birthday in August. The issue with the key organizer is that I'll still require my car key to be attached to a key ring. I carry a Tumi ID/credit card holder as my wallet and use a Galaxy 5 for phone/light when not on the job. I also have a leatherman tool in the car along with an assortment of hex wrenches and screwdrivers. Hawaii is a non-issue CCW and even having a weapon in your car without reason is likely to get you into trouble.

The main issue with Hawaii EDC is weight considerations when your typical wardrobe is shorts and light weight fabrics. I'm constantly trying to find ways to minimize my EDC, yet still carry some useful stuff.

Do to restrictions in my workplace I only carry a flashlight, pepper spray, and barlow, stockman or SAK and a lock back folder in my back pocket.

This was my edc yesterday.

proxy.php

Current inventory:

Scientific calculator.
Ink pen.
Mechanical pencil.
Address book.
Pocket note book.
Pocket ruler (scale).
Wristwatch
Wedding ring.
Phone.
Flashlight.
Wallet.
Checkbook.
Leatherman SuperTool (original).
Straight cable knife in sheath.
Hawksbill clip knife (for cable).
Buck stockman's knife.
Keys.
Shard multi-tool on key ring.
Small tape measure on key ring.
Nail clipper on key ring.
Change
Refillable butane lighter
Bandanna.
Bottle of hand sanitizer.
Travel bottle of medicine in case I work late.
Travel bottle of acetaminophen.
Cough drops.
6' length of nylon string.
Earplugs.
Wad of facial tissue.
Change.

And I forgot to carry my case of strike-anywhere matches I keep just-in-case.

Should I mention I have a Fresnel lens magnifier in my wallet?

Last edited:
This is the basic setup of what I carry daily, plus an iPhone 6. There are occasional variances from time to time.

$image.jpg

Ancient iPhone 3

Boker Strike auto

M&P Shield .40

At least 2 packs of Edgefield full flavor shorts

Driver's license and debit card.

After I retired, I stopped carrying the boom stick. More trouble than it's worth(heresy I know). And before everybody jumps on me with "a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy", you go right ahead, I'll be a good witness. Besides, the "BANG" frightens me

I should have mentioned that I am not always carrying. I can't at work, which is when I really need to since I work pretty much exclusively in the middle of N. STL. Going around local places to me I rarely carry. I live in a pretty small town about 50 miles south of STL proper and I know most of the people around here. Plenty of them are carrying.

I like the idea of people carrying, but I really like the idea that no one knows who is carrying, it's just a pretty safe bet several of the people you are looking at are.

I should have mentioned that I am not always carrying. I can't at work, which is when I really need to since I work pretty much exclusively in the middle of N. STL. Going around local places to me I rarely carry. I live in a pretty small town about 50 miles south of STL proper and I know most of the people around here. Plenty of them are carrying.

I like the idea of people carrying, but I really like the idea that no one knows who is carrying, it's just a pretty safe bet several of the people you are looking at are.[/QUOTE

This may help with that; www.artofmanliness.com/2016/10/21/spot-concealed-handgun/ From personal experience(numerous concealed handgun collars) this gentleman is right on.

I would guess that other than LEO, most folks aren't really spending any time trying to see who is carrying. I know I'm not. When I am in certain locations and I see people who are carrying themselves in a certain way, I just assume they are carrying and I stay aware of my surroundings. In general situations in public I don't really concern myself with it.

Up in these parts it is a given just about everyone is within arms reach of a firearm. Locals govern themselves accordingly

Top Bottom