What's new

Vintage Safety Razors from Gillette

I'm new to Badger & Blade, and I mentioned in my introductory post that I recently made an investment, so that
I could purchase a vintage safety razor of my choice. I ended up with two, in which both were manufactured by Gillette. They shave quite well. Below, are some pictures of them.

From research, this is a gold-plated safety razor that is known as the "Aristocrat." I believe it dates back to the late 1940s. It has its original case, and the safety razor itself is definitely very beautiful. Crafted well to last for a long period of time. I also received some vintage razors from Gillette, and I shaved with a brand new one in the case. Shaved like a champ.

This next one I really like a lot. I believe this model from Gillette is known as the "NEW BOSTONIAN," and it is what I learned an "open-combed" razor. Also gold-plated, and it shaves well, too. Has its original case and razor blade case, in which is gold-plated. I think this is from the early 1930s.

I have to admit that I appreciate vintage safety razors, such as these, simply because they were crafted with care, and they still look great so many years later.

Beautiful pieces that you have there. I agree with you and your feelings about how well the vintage Gillette's were made.

Welcome to B&B.

Frank

Thank you for the comments, everyone.

Also, I want to mention that I first began to wet shave with a generic safety razor in August, in which I acquired at my local Sally beauty store. Was manufactured by a company named Shaving Factory. It was okay for a while until I decided at the beginning of this month to find a vintage safety razor. I first came across the "Aristocrat," and I then found the "New Bostonian." Usually, when I see something that captures my attention at first glance, that most likely becomes mine. I also did research on them before I bought them, and I think they're ideal for my face, since I grow rather thick stubble. Like I mentioned earlier, each one is truly beautiful, not to mention well-crafted. Made to last without no doubt in my mind.

I'm still learning how to use them, since I do occasionally cut myself. Though I am improving.

I'm new to Badger & Blade, and I mentioned in my introductory post that I recently made an investment, so that
I could purchase a vintage safety razor of my choice. I ended up with two, in which both were manufactured by Gillette. They shave quite well. Below, are some pictures of them.

From research, this is a gold-plated safety razor that is known as the "Aristocrat." I believe it dates back to the late 1940s. It has its original case, and the safety razor itself is definitely very beautiful. Crafted well to last for a long period of time. I also received some vintage razors from Gillette, and I shaved with a brand new one in the case. Shaved like a champ.

This next one I really like a lot. I believe this model from Gillette is known as the "NEW BOSTONIAN," and it is what I learned an "open-combed" razor. Also gold-plated, and it shaves well, too. Has its original case and razor blade case, in which is gold-plated. I think this is from the early 1930s.

I have to admit that I appreciate vintage safety razors, such as these, simply because they were crafted with care, and they still look great so many years later.
Welcome to B&B . You have made a great choice in the Aristocrat razor. The early 1930's NEW Common Bar handle Bostonian is a great OC too. I love the shave results from the NEW series razors. Mid aggressive yet functional.
proxy.php

Top Bottom