Thread: Vintage Safety Razors from Gillette

Default Vintage Safety Razors from Gillette

I'm new to Badger & Blade, and I mentioned in my introductory post that I recently made an investment, so that
    I could purchase a vintage safety razor of my choice. I ended up with two, in which both were manufactured by Gillette. They shave quite well. Below, are some pictures of them.

From research, this is a gold-plated safety razor that is known as the "Aristocrat." I believe it dates back to the late 1940s. It has its original case, and the safety razor itself is definitely very beautiful. Crafted well to last for a long period of time. I also received some vintage razors from Gillette, and I shaved with a brand new one in the case. Shaved like a champ.

This next one I really like a lot. I believe this model from Gillette is known as the "NEW BOSTONIAN," and it is what I learned an "open-combed" razor. Also gold-plated, and it shaves well, too. Has its original case and razor blade case, in which is gold-plated. I think this is from the early 1930s.

I have to admit that I appreciate vintage safety razors, such as these, simply because they were crafted with care, and they still look great so many years later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Beautiful pieces that you have there. I agree with you and your feelings about how well the vintage Gillette's were made.

Welcome to B&B.

Frank

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Images

Wow, great investments.
    Jim P. - Chandler, Arizona

ackvil
    (at) badgerandblade.com

Arizona Retro Shave Enthusiast.
    Any questions? Just ask! Since I may not read all of the posts feel free to PM or Email me.

"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum." Jack Kemp.
    "Be a gentleman at all times. Shine your shoes, shave every day, be considerate of others, and don't chew with your mouth open." Words of advice from my late mother.

Check Out the B&B YouTube Channel and the B&B Video Library for some great information.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You started with those?!!?! You have excellent taste!

Welcome to B&B!
    BOTOC, GNU, LEMS, SERLover, Stirling Syndicate
    New Shaver Guide - http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/373872-My-short-and-somewhat-misleading-shaving-guide-for-those-foolish-enough-to-listen

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Images

What an epic start! The 40's Aristocrat is my favorite vintage Gillette also. Welcome to B&B!
    Bosse - Member of the Excalibur club - No badger or blade will ever make your shave

Thank you for the comments, everyone.

Also, I want to mention that I first began to wet shave with a generic safety razor in August, in which I acquired at my local Sally beauty store. Was manufactured by a company named Shaving Factory. It was okay for a while until I decided at the beginning of this month to find a vintage safety razor. I first came across the "Aristocrat," and I then found the "New Bostonian." Usually, when I see something that captures my attention at first glance, that most likely becomes mine. I also did research on them before I bought them, and I think they're ideal for my face, since I grow rather thick stubble. Like I mentioned earlier, each one is truly beautiful, not to mention well-crafted. Made to last without no doubt in my mind.

I'm still learning how to use them, since I do occasionally cut myself. Though I am improving.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SI197981 View Post
    I'm new to Badger & Blade, and I mentioned in my introductory post that I recently made an investment, so that
    I could purchase a vintage safety razor of my choice. I ended up with two, in which both were manufactured by Gillette. They shave quite well. Below, are some pictures of them.

From research, this is a gold-plated safety razor that is known as the "Aristocrat." I believe it dates back to the late 1940s. It has its original case, and the safety razor itself is definitely very beautiful. Crafted well to last for a long period of time. I also received some vintage razors from Gillette, and I shaved with a brand new one in the case. Shaved like a champ.

This next one I really like a lot. I believe this model from Gillette is known as the "NEW BOSTONIAN," and it is what I learned an "open-combed" razor. Also gold-plated, and it shaves well, too. Has its original case and razor blade case, in which is gold-plated. I think this is from the early 1930s.

I have to admit that I appreciate vintage safety razors, such as these, simply because they were crafted with care, and they still look great so many years later.
    Welcome to B&B . You have made a great choice in the Aristocrat razor. The early 1930's NEW Common Bar handle Bostonian is a great OC too. I love the shave results from the NEW series razors. Mid aggressive yet functional.
    Shaving scenes in movies and TV shows
    "I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can shave again!"

Easy fun How to-Help videos for straight razor/DE shaving, how to post/insert pics,
    how to maint razors , how to edit posts, all kinds of fun how to editing help in video format.