What's new

Rock on, RazoRock: a Review of RazoRock XX soap and Balm

I have been participating in RazoRocktober (It's not too late to join us!), and I love it! I decided to participate when I had purchased King of the Castle Lime soap, plus some XX soap and XX balm through the B/S/T forum and was impressed by them all. Since then, I have purchased King Louis Lavender soap, and that is a winner, as well. But this review will focus on the XX soap and balm.

I have been using the Marco method successfully with each of these soft soaps. This morning, I soaked my Semogue 1305 for a few minutes while I soaked my beard with a hot towel. I spread a few drops of RazoRock shave gel on my beard. Then I shook the excess water from the brush and swirled it for about 30 to 40 seconds on my tub of XX and face-lathered the soap. The rosy scent was subtle, yet very pleasant. Immediately, the lather built up creamy and thick. It provided an easy glide and cushion for my razor, a Weber polished head with a bulldog handle, loaded with a Personna Lab Blue blade. As usual, I got a DFS from 3 passes with minimal buffing. I had plenty of lather left for another pas or two, but I didn't need it. After applying my RazoRock alum stick and a cold water rinse, I wrapped up the shave with Thayer's Rose witch hazel and RazoRock XX aftershave balm. It has a bit stronger scent than the shave soap, but it fades pretty quickly. It left my face moistened and smooth.

I can't wait to shave again! The only question is, will I use the XX again tomorrow, or try the King Louis Lavender again? Maybe I'll return to King of the Castle Lime. Decisions, decisions!

So XX is a rose scent?

The scent of XX is Mirto di Panarea which is part of ADP's Blu Mediterraneo line.

See below for more info:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/350995-XX-Review?p=5207761#post5207761

$400X400_57007_P_categorymgrpillar_P57007.jpg

As of now there are five scents in the Blu Mediterraneo line. There were a few more but some have been discontinued.

Great review Quigg! It's a great soap. A little too floral for my tastes, but the base is a high performance soap, no doubt!

So XX is a rose scent?

It's definitely floral, to my nose. The description on Italian Barber says it includes jasmine, herbal, and rose scents, which I do detect. It also says it has lemon, orange, basil, juniper and wood scents, which I do not! But it's a nice scent, and it goes well with my Thayer's Rose witch hazel.

Top Bottom