What's new

INFO! Required Reading to Post in the BL!

Welcome to the Brown Leaf, where tobacco in its finer forms is discoursed and pondered. To engage in discussions in the Brown Leaf you must read and understand the following:

The purpose of this post is to discuss the site rules as they apply to the Brown Leaf. If after reading this post, you find that you have a speck of doubt in your mind whether something should be posted in the Brown Leaf, PLEASE - for your sake and ours - ask a Steward or Moderator first. The old adage that it's "better to ask for forgiveness, than to ask for permission" does not apply here, and may jeopardize your membership.

Please understand, without personal opinions or comments that:

This site is based in, and governed by the laws of the State of California. As such, we are also governed by the laws of the United States.

Most, if not all of us, are aware that it is illegal to import tobacco from Cuba into the United States. As such, all discussion of obtaining, or advice on how to obtain, Cuban tobacco illegally into the United States is prohibited.

Tobacco For Tobacco Trades and Tobacco PIF's are only permitted in the Brown Leaf Stock Exchange. The Stock Exchange is a distinct subforum available to members who meet eligibility requirements (21+ years of age, member for at least 45 days, with at least 50 posts). Access to the Stock Exchange subforum requires a Brown Leaf Trading upgrade (available HERE). Sales of tobacco are not permitted at any time.

For more information on the Brown Leaf Stock Exchange please see the following thread
INFO! - New Sub-forum in the Brown Leaf- Stock Exchange Instruction

Please ensure you read, and comply with the Sticky's posted in the Stock Exchange.

Hardware is an entirely different matter. Feel free to make authorized threads in the BST to trade, buy or sell, a pipe, lighters, cigar cutters, humidors, even vaping equipment. Though vaping equipment is permitted, nicotine (as a derivative of tobacco) is NOT.

The Brown Leaf exists for those of us who wish to discuss their enjoyment of tobacco.
This forum does not exist to influence others to begin to partake nor is it a forum for posts intending to "save" tobacco users. Any such posts will be deleted and may jeopardize your membership here at Badger and Blade.
Any such posts that prove otherwise will be deleted.

This does not mean that the cigarette smoker (or any other legal aged tobacco user in any form) who comes here seeking advice on trying a pipe, cigar, or any other legal form of tobacco as an alternative, replacement, or additive to their interests, must be turned away.

If you have any questions at any time about anything on Badger & Blade, contact a Steward or Moderator.
It's why we are here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received and acknowledged, Jason!

Gents, don't be afraid to ask a moderator any and all questions. You can PM me as well if you have questions and are adverse to moderator PM'ing (which you shouldn't be) and I'll make sure the proper parties are notified!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Will do. If I read this right, the mods will take care of those that love to come here only to tell us how evil smoking is- correct?

Will do. If I read this right, the mods will take care of those that love to come here only to tell us how evil smoking is- correct?
Correct, and the best way to handle them is to report the post immediately, not engage them in a debate. If they want to debate the subject they can take their chances in The Barbershop, where I'd hope most of our BL'ers have the good sense to ignore the bait.
This message is intended for everyone, not just Owen.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Correct, and the best way to handle them is to report the post immediately, not engage them in a debate. If they want to debate the subject they can take their chances in The Barbershop, where I'd hope most of our BL'ers have the good sense to ignore the bait.
This message is intended for everyone, not just Owen.

Thanks to Jason and the whole mod team

Did I miss something that happened which led to this post?
Regardless read and understood.
Nothing in particular, just a need to make sure everyone understands the rules to avoid potential problems. The BL is one of the easier sub-forums to moderate, we'd like to keep it that way.

Top Bottom