What's new

Rollerball Sacrelige - Alternative to Optiflow?

Is anyone willing to entertain a rollerball question? For work purposes, I have become a fan of Staples Optiflow disposables. These things may be very low on the totem pole here because they are disposable, cheap plastic, common looking etc. But I really like their writing qualities. I think they are .5mm.

I wouldn't mind a cheap-ish nice, refillable pen but to be honest, I'm more about having a nice pen in different places around the house. You should see how many Sharpies I have. I've seen the Pilot Precise and various Uni-Balls. Do you have any favorites or recommendations? IE, if I like Optiflow, I'll really like x?

Thank you.

Matt

Lots of guys use them Matt, you'll get recommendations here, nothing writing is sacrilegious here

I've never used the optiflow pens so I can't help on that one, but hang tight someone will be along

I have some Optiflows, no worries, they are extremely efficient for the price. Are you looking for the same fine tip? The Pilot Precise are indeed a small step-up in the disposable looks. But even nicer is this, a Waterman Hemisphere Rollerball and you can use Pilot G2 fine or extra fine refill carts to get that same fine tip as the Optiflow.

Edit: Oh sorry, you said cheap-ish. These are great. Blue black ink and a .5 mm tip in a disposable, you will stand out

Last edited:
Thanks guys. The Pilot VBall looks promising as well. Between that and the Vision Elite we may have a winner. Any further suggestions appreciated.

Top Bottom