What's new

Expensive mistake.

So I usually use wooden fountain pens that I turn myself, but I work in the healthcare field and was finding that the alcohol-based hand sanitizer between each patient was eating away the finish. So I purchased a Lamy Safari to use at work--a nice compromise between classy and utilitarian. This week, I reached for my pen, which I had clipped between the buttons of my Brooks Brothers dress shirt because I didn't have a pocket. Only the cap came out. The pen had fallen down into my shirt, and had soaked through my shirt onto my pants as well. So learn from my mistake...no clipping pens with snap-on caps anywhere besides a pocket.

On another note, any ideas for getting Noodler's Bulletproof ink out of clothes?

I have some Black Swan in Australian Roses stains in a couple of chef coats. They are stuck. I tried all sorts of remedies. :( I've sworn off Pelikan twist caps in front breast pockets...

Figured...guess I get to try out the Brooks Brothers store that just opened in my town. "Bulletproof" sounded like it would be a challenge.

The problem (or advantage, depending how you look at it) with Noodler's Bulletproof inks is that they chemically bond to cellulose fibers, either in paper (intentional) or in clothing (unintentional). I seriously doubt if that shirt is going to be salvageable. :crying:

The problem (or advantage, depending how you look at it) with Noodler's Bulletproof inks is that they chemically bond to cellulose fibers, either in paper (intentional) or in clothing (unintentional). I seriously doubt if that shirt is going to be salvageable. :crying:

Or, he could always dye the shirt to match the ink?

So I tried the scissors, and they worked perfectly. The stains are indeed gone. On an unrelated note, any recommendations for getting holes out of a shirt?

oh well. Lesson learned. Thanks for the input-I'll be more careful.

For what it's worth, my very first inkcedent occurred earlier this year with Noodler's X-Feather. The stain has proven to be unremovable. I still wear the shirt to work and wear it proudly. Also, a friend of mine (an older gentleman who is interested in getting back into fountain pens) bought me a pocket protector that I wear every day. I cut the piece that extends upwards, and now it's hardly noticeable in my pocket.

In other news, I had vintage Skrip Blue Black splatter on another shirt. One time through the wash, and it's good as new.

Below is the shirt from one of my tie of the day pics.

$CAM00232.jpg

Top Bottom