What's new

Are there any fanciers of "designer" pens?

First of all, I am very appreciative of all the wonderful information and assistance that this group offers. It really is a great resource!

As I've searched the forum I find that I rarely see discussions of pens made for designer groups, like Porsche Design, ST Dupont, Dunhill and Cartier. Is it simply that there aren't any fanciers of these pens or is it that my search abilities could use some fine tuning?

The pens are usually made by companies we love for these designs, but these designs are not usually well recieved by most around these parts, and the designs of the pens we love tend to look better to me

I'd take a Nakaya, or pelikan in blue with rhodium trim over anything from what I've seen frombthe Porsche series

Last edited:
The pens are usually madebby companies we love for these designs, but these designs are not usually well recieved by most around these parts, and the designs of the pens we love tend to look better to me

I'd take a Nakaya, or pelikan in blie with rhodium trim over anything from what I've seen frombthe Porsche series

James, I agree with either of your choices over the Porsche Design stuff. Perhaps it's my own lack of knowledge about the company that makes the pens marketed by these design houses (candidly, the depths of my noobishness are shockingly very deep), but I am simply curious about why the absence of any fans of any of these pens.

Dunhill has partnered with the Japanese penmaker Namiki for some uber-expensive (but gorgeous) Maki-i (urushi lacquer and precious metals) pens. They're beautiful to look at but I'd be afraid to pick one up and write with it!

proxy.php

Top Bottom