What's new

La Toja is just so nice.

"Sales Minerales" = Mineral Salts they are supposed to be from the the hot springs of the La Toja island

I also love La Toja, the scent is just soapy

I recently tried La Toja sticks and think this is a great product for the money. Easy to lather. Good shaves.

Having said that - my skin feels a bit dry & stretched after La Toja shaves. It feels just like post-alum on my face. Since it's the middle of winter - the tight/dry feeling is being exacerbated. I wonder if anyone know exactly what the 'mineral sales' contained in La Toja are?

I think I'm going to bench this stick till it gets warmer. Right now - my face needs all the moisture & coddling it can get.

Funny I had forgotten, my first reaction was exactly the same as yours. My sensitive skin even felt that it was abrasive. My second use was simply an explosion of lather with a really good face feel. Without thinking about it, I'll bet that I use La Toja more in the summer.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Used the La Toja Stick with the Wee Scot this morning. First ever use of this soap, a $6.95 shipped eBay bargain. Simply superb. GREAT post shave feel.

Going to Spain to stock up in a couple months. If anyone wants a stick at my cost (I won't figure in the airfare!), PM me.

Sounds like most people here prefer the stick vs. the cream in the tube - I've never tried this stuff and am thinking of ordering one of the 150ml tubes of the classic cream. Are both the creams and stick non-tallow? The cream contains stearic acid isn't that derived from tallow?

Last edited:
I used the La Toja stick whilst on holiday in Malta with my wife and daughter. When I returned home to England, I grated some sticks into a bowl, now, every time I use it, it reminds me of those hot summer days when I use to get up at the break of dawn ,shave, then go swimming in the Mediterranean.

Last edited:
Sounds like most people here prefer the stick vs. the cream in the tube - I've never tried this stuff and am thinking of ordering one of the 150ml tubes of the classic cream. Are both the creams and stick non-tallow? The cream contains stearic acid isn't that derived from tallow?

We recently had a big thread about that for the stick. Conclusion was slightly inconclusive :) , but the upshot was stearic acid can be veggie or tallow based, but tallow contains other acids than just stearic. For this reason I do not regard La Toja as tallow based, but it could be animal based. Maybe.

I used the La Toja stick whilst on holiday in Malta with my wife and daughter. When I returned home to England, I grated some sticks into a bowl, now, every time I use it, it reminds me of those hot summer days when I use to get up at the break of dawn ,shave, then go swimming in the Mediterranean.

I love that feeling, what a fantastic soap to have that with! I get the same with Cella.

A clean, fresh sea breeze, where a dense forest ends and waves wash up onto a shell-strewn beach. Warm and inviting, yet brisk and invigorating at the same time. That's what La Toja is for me.

My first go was in Barcelona, followed by a week in L'Escala. Every shave elicits some great memories!

ive been using it the past two days and following up with new formulation old spice a/s. it is great. my omega pro 49 really provides a great lather.

I've been using La Toja for the past week and it is a very pleasant soap. Nice neutral scent and the stick lathers very well. Great soap....especially for the price

First use this morning. Loved it. Scrapped some slivers into a bowl and lathered like a soap. Great scent (for me) and super smooth shave.

Top Bottom