What's new

Who produces the Hema Blades ?

I just bought a couple of these blades: LINK . And I was wondering if anyone knows who actually makes them.

A friend of mine suggested they are the same as the personna / chrystal blades, but did in fact have little to back this up.

Is there a way to determine who is the actual producer of this store brand blade? (Or does anyone just happen to know?)

I've never seen those, but the photo looks similar to the Tesco blades, which if I remember correctly, are produced in the ASR plant in Israel.

I am not familiar with tesco blades.

These ones (HEMA) are as white label as you can get:
the packaging is white.
On top of the plastic container is a paper with a picture of a blade, with no markings.
The individual blade is wrapped in a paper.
There are no marking (as far as I can tell) on the blade at all....

If they are indeed
At 1,35 EUR per 10, that would not be a bad price then....

a simular topic is somewhere on the forum's here, i think they are tesco (look the same). no hard proof tho, blades are ok, imho not great but not bad at all. especially for the price and availability.

Most like the same blade as Tesco, Boots, and a few other brands. They're distributed by Personna UK. Made in Israel at the ASR plant. They may or may not be the same as the Crystal blade...working on that right now...

Most like the same blade as Tesco, Boots, and a few other brands.

I found a picture of the Tesco blades. It does indeed look exactly the same as the HEMA blades. It looks like this is a generic 'white label' blade which is sold to various retail chains who then add their own branding and packaging to it.

Aevum said:
its a bit funny, i would be worried using these blades considering what hema means in latin

I could not find hema in my Latin dictionary. So what does it mean? BTW, HEMA as in the Dutch retail chain is an acronym which means Hollandse Eenheidsprijzen Maatschappij Amsterdam ("Dutch Standard Prices Company Amsterdam"). See Wikipedia.

Jan Pieter

They are exactly the same blade sold by Coop forum (a department store) here in Sweden. Here they are sold as Personna and it clearly says "made in Israel" on back side of the paper packet. The razor blade itself does not have any markings on them. They are sharp and smooth. Good blades.

Top Bottom