What's new

Gillette Platinum

They are on ebay. Use this search: 50 Gillette Platinum Double Edge Blades For Safety Razor

liorfe is the seller

Ouch. They have gone up a bit. Now $28.16 per 100 plus $4 shipping. .32 a blade. You'll have to decide if it's worth that much. Me I'm going to go back to the silver blues. Too pricey for me as I use them only twice.

Last edited:
They have gone up a bit. Now $28.16 per 100 plus $4 shipping.
\

Yep, that is why I won't be getting any more. I can get the GSB's for $20/100 shipped (and just did). Almost half the cost, and they are very easy to find.

\

Yep, that is why I won't be getting any more. I can get the GSB's for $20/100 shipped (and just did). Almost half the cost, and they are very easy to find.

Mind if I ask how many shaves you get from a GSB, Bobcat? And I'm really glad you were able to use the coupon code for a little extra money off. :)

PK-I have never really found out? I have been doing a lot of blade testing and only using a blade for 4 shaves. My next run with the GSB will be for endurance. :001_smile

OK. Be sure and let me know! It seems that blades only last me two shaves, sadly. Still a lot cheaper than cartridges, believe me!

Also, just found this. Thought it might be useful for people that need some things that Razors Direct carries. A few days ago my girlfriend ordered a Parker Silvertip shaving brush from them for me for my upcoming birthday in a week and found it. We've been checking our stock of blades since it's so useful, and I just got her into shaving with a brush and safety razor only a few days ago. ;-) Hope it works for you guys!

http://www.anycodes.com/merchant-RazorsDirect-coupons-deals-16730.html

Last edited:
I get about 6-7 shaves out of one GSB. While they are cheaper than platinums, I usually get about 10 out of a platinum and I would rate them as a little sharper and much smoother than a GSB.

I just bought 20 of them for 20 bucks at the art of ripoffs. I really wanted to try them and was impatient on waiting for them to ship. I hate buying anything in that gimmick of a store but I have read so much great things about these blades that I just am dying to try them out tomorrow morning.

I ordered 50 of these blades from the seller Liorfe. Should be here any day now. Very excited to give these a whirl.

Well, I changed my mind and ordered 50 from liorfe in Israel along with some MEM Olive cream. They are an excellent blade and still less expensive than the Polsilver SI's. I still like my GSB's though......

capmeo-My order was delivered to me here in south Texas 13 days after I placed the order.

proxy.php

I have tried the MEM blades. They are from Croatia and are a terrible blade, IMHO. It is not the same company that makes the MEM creams in Israel.

proxy.php

I actually don't think they are so bad, especially considering how cheap they are. But yes you are right, there are TONS of better blades out there.
Just a correction Bob, they are made in Serbia. I can buy them locally, as well as BIC Chrome, Gillette Platinum, Gillette Stainless and occasionally I can find some Wilkies too.

All current vendors list Croatia. My understanding was that they were Serbian too. Thanks for verifying it. I did get mine from Serbia.

The factory is located in Zemun, Serbia. Some vendors might be mistaken because the language is the same, both countries speak the same language, only some minor differences, mostly in accent. Kinda like UK English and USA English if you like.

Well, I changed my mind and ordered 50 from liorfe in Israel along with some MEM Olive cream. They are an excellent blade and still less expensive than the Polsilver SI's. I still like my GSB's though......

capmeo-My order was delivered to me here in south Texas 13 days after I placed the order.

proxy.php

Thanks Bobcat!

I have used several of these blades in the past few months. At first, I saw little if any difference between them & the Gillette Silver Blue blades. Now, I have a slightly different opinion in that they are a frog hair smoother than the aforementioned. These are easily one of the best blades I have ever used, bar none. The perfect combination of smoothness & sharpness. Easily a top 5 and a contender for No. 1. Too bad they are expensive nowadays. :mad3:

Top Bottom