What's new

Foxhole Shavers Club

well lets see, i've shaved in afghanistan and at the field in ft. polk...idk which was worse. does this count enough to get me in?

Been in the Coast Guard for about 4 years (2 in the reserves and almost 2 active duty). While I don't have any foxhole shaving experiences, I've had to shave while the ship took 25-30 degree rolls. Figured I would give joining the club a shot, seems like a great group of guys.

Been in the Coast Guard for about 4 years (2 in the reserves and almost 2 active duty). While I don't have any foxhole shaving experiences, I've had to shave while the ship took 25-30 degree rolls. Figured I would give joining the club a shot, seems like a great group of guys.

Welcome aboard my friend. Add us to your signature if you are so inclined.

Semper Paratus.

I remember basic training back in 1970 at Lackland Air Force base. In order to not make a mess of the latrine, the whole flight only used 1 sink to shave every day. Very little water, very little soap, very little time. Lots of razor burn. Count me in.

I remember basic training back in 1970 at Lackland Air Force base. In order to not make a mess of the latrine, the whole flight only used 1 sink to shave every day. Very little water, very little soap, very little time. Lots of razor burn. Count me in.

Welcome aboard Brother. Add us to your signature if you are so inclined.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I hope I can join as well. I have been a Navy Seabee for 15+ years. Being the guy who sets ups tent camps for some of the other service branches, I've shaved with cold canteen water and no mirror in Tarragona, Spain, and in Honduras when the shave trough and shower tents were still a few days from being assembled. I've also shaved in the field in Kuwait (Camp Patriot, 2003) and in Afghanistan (FOB Dwyer, 2010). Mixed in there were a few field exercises as well and a ship deployment to Africa.

So does shaving with water bottles and PX cartridge razors in Afghanistan qualify me?

Standard fare for the suck. I was subjected to the same, only difference being desert (Iraq for me). Though not my all-time worst shaving, that came at basic. Who know in two minutes or less a Bic razor could be turned into a vegetable peeler. :thumbdown

Standard fare for the suck. I was subjected to the same, only difference being desert (Iraq for me). Though not my all-time worst shaving, that came at basic. Who know in two minutes or less a Bic razor could be turned into a vegetable peeler. :thumbdown

Honor to have you in The Club mrdrakeness.

Add us to your signature if you are so inclined.

Last edited:
This looks like a good place to throw my name into! From the arctic to the heat of Afghanistan, I've shaved in a few different countries. I won't compare my service to the others on the forum but I would be honoured to be included in your group.

This looks like a good place to throw my name into! From the arctic to the heat of Afghanistan, I've shaved in a few different countries. I won't compare my service to the others on the forum but I would be honoured to be included in your group.

It is with great pleasure we welcome you. Add us to your signature if you would like.

Worst shaving ever was a week at -30 or worse -- doesn't really matter if it was C or F at that temperature! Didn't even have time to heat the water half the time since the Coleman camp stoves couldn't be lit at that cold and we had to take them into the vehicles to warm them. After that I bought a cheap battery powered electric for the field -- worst mistake of my life!

Worst shaving ever was a week at -30 or worse -- doesn't really matter if it was C or F at that temperature! Didn't even have time to heat the water half the time since the Coleman camp stoves couldn't be lit at that cold and we had to take them into the vehicles to warm them. After that I bought a cheap battery powered electric for the field -- worst mistake of my life!

Outstanding! Welcome aboard Brother.

Top Bottom