What's new

Looking For A Pedometer

Want to start keeping track of how far I walk in a day.
Anyone got a pedometer that they feel is especially good, and could recommend.
Thanks

The Fitbit is the hugely popular option right now. A TON of my friends rave about em, I can safely recommend it.

I just purchased another Omron HJ-112 to replace the one I dropped once too many times during its seven year life span. I've been impressed with the accuracy, durability, and relatively low price. It seems a little bulky in hand but worn beneath a sweater or jacket, it isn't noticeable.

If you want a pedometer. Most pedometers on the market are junk with few exceptions. For what you want to do the Omron HJ-112 and HJ-113 are pretty decent. Basic step counters like the Yamax SW-200 and Accusplit AE-120XL are decent also. Each can be purchased for under $25 and are pretty simple to operate. I have used Omron and Accusplit pedometers and can attest they are around 99% accurate from walking 4 miles at the track. Pretty impressive. Cheap pedometers are less accurate but more importantly break after limited use. Make sure you use a lanyard with your pedometer otherwise you won't have it for long. Omrons are the most popular pedometers and have pretty good customer satisfaction. I have had good luck purchasing new pedometers on Ebay.

Last edited:
I use the New Balance Via Active 3Axis and am quite happy with it. Very accurate as tested on my measured route to work (verified via GPS, bike brain, and car). It is not big at all, simple to operate and program. Turns out I forgot it today, too. I got mine on clearance at Target for $13, down from $42 originally, but most places seem to have it around $35. It can even be just dropped into a pocket and accurately record.

-Xander

I used Accupedo on my last phone (app- google play store FREE) and it was pretty accurate compared to my garmin EDGE bicycle GPS. Which is probably as accurate as your going to get without a measuring tape...I should probably get it on my Galaxy S2, now that I keep WiFi off, I get good battery life and could afford a pedometer app running...Gonna do that now, actually!

Most days I was averaging 8-10,000 steps. I usually go for a walk when I can each morning (2-3 miles) and I'm on my feet at work all night.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I like the Runtastic pedometer app because it doesn't need a GPS signal and works inside buildings.

I just got this one for my iPhone. I've always wondered how many steps I take at work. going to use it today. just a 6 hr shift though.

Top Bottom