What's new

Worst place you've shaved?

I'm still on my vacation in France and am now in Nice for the next week. During my shave this morning I thought I was going to lose it and go out with a half shaven face. We rented a studio apartment in the Old Nice, the location is great but the bathroom is definitely not set up for shaving.

The small modern mirror is too small, the sink too far out and too high and the lighting horrible. I powered through and got the job done but this place definitely took first place in the worst shave location championships!

What was the worse place all of you have shaved in?

I can't come close to that! I've shaved a a variety of hunting camp situations with a pocket mirror or truck mirror. Nothing to exciting about that.

I've been fortunate enough to be able to skip a shave if the conditions warranted.

Probably my worst one was in a crappy motel bathroom somewhere.

Let's hear more from active duty and veteran members!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I shouldn't even post in this thread. My old bathroom I guess. Because the water pressure sucked and so did the lighting.

^ He wins.

What? No foxhole can compare with the torture of having to endure a vacation on the French Riviera!

OK, my real answer isn't so much a where as a how. I once shaved at a college bathroom sink while holding a fussy baby in one arm the whole time. That was with a cartridge razor; not sure I'd even attempt that one with a single-blade instrument.

Mine doesn't compare to some of the more brutal shaves here, but this is the worst I can think of.

In the fold down sink in a mini-berth on an Amtrak train. Did this on a few occasions, actually. After the first time, I waited until the train stopped for a period of time. And yes, it was with a cartridge.

My bathroom in college. Shard it with 4 other guys my age... If you watched closely, the floor and walls appeared to be moving due to all the germs.

Top Bottom