What's new

Baker's Dozen : Movie Edition

Movies that you remember more for the "event" of seeing it than for the movie itself:

1--Reds. The girl I went to prom with asked me to take her at that movie. Making it weirder, our elementary school principal was sitting directly in front of us.

Movies that you remember more for the "event" of seeing it than for the movie itself:

1--Reds. The girl I went to prom with asked me to take her at that movie. Making it weirder, our elementary school principal was sitting directly in front of us.
2. Breakdown - I was the only one in the theater for the showing, so I sat in the middle row, middle seat. The funny part was when the usher showed up with a coin jar for donations for the Jimmy Fund and walked right up to me and shoved the jar in my face looking for donations.

2. Breakdown - I was the only one in the theater for the showing, so I sat in the middle row, middle seat. The funny part was when the usher showed up with a coin jar for donations for the Jimmy Fund and walked right up to me and shoved the jar in my face looking for donations.
3. Life - Utterly forgettable. I just remember going to the theater the day we pulled into Hawaii after six months overseas (so we hadn't seen any ads or previews, nor seen any reviews). The choice came down to an Eddie Murphy/Martin Lawrence movie or some movie with Keanu Reeves in a trench coat. We chose...poorly.

3. Life - Utterly forgettable. I just remember going to the theater the day we pulled into Hawaii after six months overseas (so we hadn't seen any ads or previews, nor seen any reviews). The choice came down to an Eddie Murphy/Martin Lawrence movie or some movie with Keanu Reeves in a trench coat. We chose...poorly
4. Return of the Jedi - my brother took me with his friends. Two of them had been waiting since early morning and were at the front of the line. Eight more of us showed up an hour before the show started and assumed our saved spots at the front of a very long line. After a near fight with the older kids behind us we gave up our front of the line spot. I would have waited all day to see that movie if I had to.

3. Life - Utterly forgettable. I just remember going to the theater the day we pulled into Hawaii after six months overseas (so we hadn't seen any ads or previews, nor seen any reviews). The choice came down to an Eddie Murphy/Martin Lawrence movie or some movie with Keanu Reeves in a trench coat. We chose...poorly
4. Return of the Jedi - my brother took me with his friends. Two of them had been waiting since early morning and were at the front of the line. Eight more of us showed up an hour before the show started and assumed our saved spots at the front of a very long line. After a near fight with the older kids behind us we gave up our front of the line spot. I would have waited all day to see that movie if I had to.
5. The Exorcist - My two buddies and I were in college and had heard how scary it was. We decided to go to the matinee so it would be daylight when we got out of the theater. Great movie and we even survived. LOL Silly us. What babies we were.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

5. The Exorcist - My two buddies and I were in college and had heard how scary it was. We decided to go to the matinee so it would be daylight when we got out of the theater. Great movie and we even survived. LOL Silly us. What babies we were.
6. The Rocky Horror Picture Show ... saw it in university at a campus theatre. Need I say more?

6. The Rocky Horror Picture Show ... saw it in university at a campus theatre. Need I say more?
7. 8 Seconds - Saw it on a date, remember it mostly because of a whole theater full of big burly cowboys crying their eyes out while walking out of the movie.

7. 8 Seconds - Saw it on a date, remember it mostly because of a whole theater full of big burly cowboys crying their eyes out while walking out of the movie.[/QUOTE]
8. Planet of the Apes marathon ~ My buddy, his girlfriend, and I went to see All 5 PotA movies, in sequence at a drive-in theater. He and I were tripping on acid. I couldn't sit still in the car, and kept having to go out to the concession stand to use the bathroom. The movies were timed perfectly so that the last one ended just as the sun came up. They dropped me off at my house and I slept for about a day and a half.

7. 8 Seconds - Saw it on a date, remember it mostly because of a whole theater full of big burly cowboys crying their eyes out while walking out of the movie.[/QUOTE]
8. Planet of the Apes marathon ~ My buddy, his girlfriend, and I went to see All 5 PotA movies, in sequence at a drive-in theater. He and I were tripping on acid. I couldn't sit still in the car, and kept having to go out to the concession stand to use the bathroom. The movies were timed perfectly so that the last one ended just as the sun came up. They dropped me off at my house and I slept for about a day and a half.
9. The Pooh Movie - The first movie that my youngest saw in the theater. The look on her face as Pooh went swimming in honey during the end credits was priceless.

7. 8 Seconds - Saw it on a date, remember it mostly because of a whole theater full of big burly cowboys crying their eyes out while walking out of the movie.
9. The Pooh Movie - The first movie that my youngest saw in the theater. The look on her face as Pooh went swimming in honey during the end credits was priceless.
10. Pinocchio - [MENTION=16143]beginish[/MENTION] reminded me of the first movie I ever saw in a movie theatre. I was 4 or so and remember that the theatre seemed so big and fancy (even though looking back I suspect it was really a run-down 2nd run theatre). Don't remember much about the movie other than being scared when Pinocchio was turning into a donkey. And we went out to dinner afterwards.

Movies featuring Rock Stars

1. Wayne's World - Alice Cooper
2. Back to the Future II (and also III) - Flea
3. Head - The Monkees
4. Charro! - Elvis
5. Crossroads - Steve Vai
6. Millennium - Kris Krostofferson
7. Masked and Anonymous - Bob Dylan
8. The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Meat Loaf
9. Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence - David Bowie
10. Freejack - Mick Jagger

3. Head - The Monkees
4. Charro! - Elvis
11. Be Cool - Steven Tyler

3. Head - The Monkees
4. Charro! - Elvis
12. Labyrinth - David Bowie

I'm not sure where this came from, so let's finish it out:

3. Head - The Monkees
4. Charro! - Elvis
12. Labyrinth - David Bowie
13. Purple Rain - Prince

Back on List:

10. Pinocchio - @beginish reminded me of the first movie I ever saw in a movie theatre. I was 4 or so and remember that the theatre seemed so big and fancy (even though looking back I suspect it was really a run-down 2nd run theatre). Don't remember much about the movie other than being scared when Pinocchio was turning into a donkey. And we went out to dinner afterwards.
11. Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Sitting in the balcony of the local movie theater, staring in wonder at the bald head of Persis Khambatta.

Back on List:

10. Pinocchio - @beginish reminded me of the first movie I ever saw in a movie theatre. I was 4 or so and remember that the theatre seemed so big and fancy (even though looking back I suspect it was really a run-down 2nd run theatre). Don't remember much about the movie other than being scared when Pinocchio was turning into a donkey. And we went out to dinner afterwards.
11. Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Sitting in the balcony of the local movie theater, staring in wonder at the bald head of Persis Khambatta.
12. Breakin' - That was the first time my brother and I went to the movie theater together by ourselves. It was also the first time we rode on a bus to get to the theater. We were pretty young in our early teens. It was cool.

10. Pinocchio - [MENTION=16143]beginish[/MENTION] reminded me of the first movie I ever saw in a movie theatre. I was 4 or so and remember that the theatre seemed so big and fancy (even though looking back I suspect it was really a run-down 2nd run theatre). Don't remember much about the movie other than being scared when Pinocchio was turning into a donkey. And we went out to dinner afterwards.
12. Breakin' - That was the first time my brother and I went to the movie theater together by ourselves. It was also the first time we rode on a bus to get to the theater. We were pretty young in our early teens. It was cool.
13. Star Wars Episode 1: a private showing the only time I ever skipped school. A friend worked at the theater and he played it for a few of us early one afternoon.

Someone else pick the next topic, please.

Top Bottom