What's new

Valentine's Gift Ideas

Was just thinking that Valentine's day is rolling up. Have been thinking for a few weeks about it, but have not come up with a good gift idea for my girlfriend. (It's tricky, because since she lives 2500 miles away, I'm not around much to get inspired with ideas of things she could use.) Figured I'm probably anything but the only one.... So I thought I'd start a thread for sharing of valentine's gift ideas. Fire away.

-Mo

PS - I'll start actually. Not practical this time, but in the past, I've forgone doing a whole lot in the way of gift giving, and instead gone all out to cook the most fantastic dinner I could concoct. As a rule, that went over quite well. As did a string of hanadama akoya pearls, but one usually can't go wrong with that.....

My GF moved out about a month ago. I'm heading off to Asia at the end of May for 6+ months and she wasn't too happy about it. Oddly she is going to come with me for the first 10 days or so while I'll be working my way up the east coast of Oz. I want to do everything I can to make sure she doesn't let someone else snap her up while I'm gone.

There are a couple of places I'll be checking out on the weekend, I want to find her a nice handmade wood box, hopefully with a velvet inner that I can put a few things in that will hopefully keep me in her thoughts while I'm gone.

Was just thinking that Valentine's day is rolling up. Have been thinking for a few weeks about it, but have not come up with a good gift idea for my girlfriend. (It's tricky, because since she lives 2500 miles away, I'm not around much to get inspired with ideas of things she could use.) Figured I'm probably anything but the only one.... So I thought I'd start a thread for sharing of valentine's gift ideas. Fire away.

-Mo

PS - I'll start actually. Not practical this time, but in the past, I've forgone doing a whole lot in the way of gift giving, and instead gone all out to cook the most fantastic dinner I could concoct. As a rule, that went over quite well. As did a string of hanadama akoya pearls, but one usually can't go wrong with that.....

Jewelry... women can never have enough.

Last year I bought a star for my wife (she wasn't my wife then) but she still talks about it being the best gift she ever got from me. She isnt much of a jewelry girl so that makes it hard and i have to get something with "meaning" and from the heart. This year i am getting dancing lessons for the both of us among other things.

I was thinking about getting my gf a valentines ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. Most supermarkets sell them as well. Some flowers and a nice hotel room for the night. Oh and also a few bottles of wine and some beer for me! :cool:

The best VDay I have done so far was;

Rose petals everywhere, with a very nice arrangement (family friend is a florist), damn fine meal if I say so myself, champagne, nice music...

While I was cooking I sent her upstairs to take a nice hot bath with some new bath stuff I bought her. There was a small can (with a straw) of champagne being cooled in a martini glass. She also had instructions to wear a special present I bought her.... :blush:

After the dinner a nice long massage and then, well I can't really talk about the rest it wouldn't be gentlemanly... :biggrin:

The best VDay I have done so far was;

Rose petals everywhere, with a very nice arrangement (family friend is a florist), damn fine meal if I say so myself, champagne, nice music...

While I was cooking I sent her upstairs to take a nice hot bath with some new bath stuff I bought her. There was a small can (with a straw) of champagne being cooled in a martini glass. She also had instructions to wear a special present I bought her.... :blush:

After the dinner a nice long massage and then, well I can't really talk about the rest it wouldn't be gentlemanly... :biggrin:

A can of champagne ?

I married a very beautiful trophy wife (who is also intelligent). I do a few things I will share with you because one must keep the wife (or lady friend) very happy. One, I get flowers for her, but a day early, on the day, and sometimes the day after. Three days of flowers goes over well. Secondly, the wrapping seems as important as the gift. If your lady likes pearls, I would suggest a seed pearl bracelet, they are very nice and not overly flashy. If you are making dinner, put it on the dessert plate, wrapped up nicely. I am definitely endorsing the cooking it yourself idea. If you want to go out, do it the day before. A nice three or four course meal rocks. Presentation is as important as what you buy her.

Mo,
What about a webcam for you and her or the like so you can see her and talk to her more often since it's long distance? I say that - or a picture of Jay. :lol:

the wrong women??? c'mon! maybe you guys have not dated enough women. you hand a large amount of cash or hand them your credit card to any women (wrapped nicely of course and not left on the night stand...for obvious reasons) and see if they are not happy. I challenge that to any v-day gift on this forum. nice dinner, flowers, jewlery...it's been done. they've recieved it a million times. they have boxes of the stuff (if they're hot). deep down it's what they want.

the wrong women??? c'mon! maybe you guys have not dated enough women. you hand a large amount of cash or hand them your credit card to any women (wrapped nicely of course and not left on the night stand...for obvious reasons) and see if they are not happy. I challenge that to any v-day gift on this forum. nice dinner, flowers, jewlery...it's been done. they've recieved it a million times. they have boxes of the stuff (if they're hot). deep down it's what they want.

My ex made more money than me, and just a lot of money, objectively. Why the heck would she have wanted a bundle of money from me? My girlfriend now is a grad student, so I'm sure she could use money, but I know her well enough to be absolutely certain she would be put off by a gift of money.

Money is great for grandchildren, nieces nephew etc., people graduation from high school or college, and couples getting married who are just getting started and don't have much. But for your girlfriend for valentine's day? Well, whatever floats you (and her) boat, I guess, but.....

-Mo

Top Bottom