What's new

Favorite Penhaligon Scent?

Hey Folks,

I just wanted to see what everyone's favorite penhaligon scent is.

I ordered samples. So far I've tried B.B., Racquets, English Fern, and Quercus.

Of those it seems like the winner for me is Blenheim Bouquet. I was looking for something peppery and on my skin- that is exactly what B.B. is.

I still have samples to try of Castile, Opus 1870, Douro, Endymion, and H.B.

They are great with samples... big samples too! (FYI- just call them, don't order them... they'll send them to you free of charge).

Hard to imagine BB being peppery.... But anyway, it's my favorite also. I like some of the others, especially Opus (now THAT is peppery), but the BB is the definite favorite. The clean, sharp, dry pine/lemon thing is such a contrast to so much sweet smelling modern stuff. (Well, and sweet smelling old stuff too....)

-Mo

Hey Folks,

I just wanted to see what everyone's favorite penhaligon scent is.

I ordered samples. So far I've tried B.B., Racquets, English Fern, and Quercus.

Of those it seems like the winner for me is Blenheim Bouquet. I was looking for something peppery and on my skin- that is exactly what B.B. is.

I still have samples to try of Castile, Opus 1870, Douro, Endymion, and H.B.

They are great with samples... big samples too! (FYI- just call them, don't order them... they'll send them to you free of charge).

Just save yourself the time and order everything you can. They are all unique, wonderful, and fit different moods.

Hard to imagine BB being peppery.... But anyway, it's my favorite also. I like some of the others, especially Opus (now THAT is peppery), but the BB is the definite favorite. The clean, sharp, dry pine/lemon thing is such a contrast to so much sweet smelling modern stuff. (Well, and sweet smelling old stuff too....)

-Mo

Mo,

It started out very citrusy but the drydown produced a distinctively peppery scent on me. Looking at the basenotes:

Head Notes
Lemon, Lime and Lavender

Heart Notes
Blenheim has no heart notes

Base Notes
Pine, Musk and Black pepper

I guess my body chemistry just brings it out.

Mo,

It started out very citrusy but the drydown produced a distinctively peppery scent on me. Looking at the basenotes it is definitely in there...

Definitely give the Opus a try then, you should like it. As for favorites, tough call. Castile if I HAD to pick one...

Obviously, BB is the best. If someone says otherwise, it's OK - they're just incorrect. :)

Endymion and Castile are really delicious, too.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

I've got several samples in the mail, I went conservative and only asked for samples of 3-4 of their scents thinking that it would increase the odds of them obliging my request. They were more than helpful, but now I worry that I didn't get enough samples.

Has anyone had any luck getting a second round of samples in different scents?

I've got several samples in the mail, I went conservative and only asked for samples of 3-4 of their scents thinking that it would increase the odds of them obliging my request. They were more than helpful, but now I worry that I didn't get enough samples.

Has anyone had any luck getting a second round of samples in different scents?

I wouldn't worry about it- there were a few that my girlfriend was interested in that didn't come in the first order. I called them about it and they said they were temporarily out- and told me to call again in a week and let me know which were missing and if there were any more I was interested in sampling.

Also mine came in a hand addressed shipping envelop- without a computer printed label. That would lead me to believe that they might not keep track of those types of things.

Definitely give the Opus a try then, you should like it. As for favorites, tough call. Castile if I HAD to pick one...

Bob- the thing I enjoyed about the pepper in the BB was that it was a basenote, I've had it on for something like 8 hours now and can still pick up the pepper.

With the Opus- I understand that the pepper is a top note- so I worry that it might be more fleeting. Thoughts?

(Obviously I'm just going to try it myself in a few days...but just curious)

I also requested some for my girlfriend, but it seems that Cornubia is discontinued as of last Saturday, it was on their site on Friday and gone on Saturday, confirmed in an e-mail on Monday that it has been discontinued.

Bob- the thing I enjoyed about the pepper in the BB was that it was a basenote, I've had it on for something like 8 hours now and can still pick up the pepper.

With the Opus- I understand that the pepper is a top note- so I worry that it might be more fleeting. Thoughts?

(Obviously I'm just going to try it myself in a few days...but just curious)

I don't really get the pepper with BB, but that isn't to say it isn't there, obviously everyone is different. While Opus lasts all day, I haven't really paid attention to how long the pepper sticks around. I guess I will have to pay attention the next time I wear it.

Penhaligons puts out a lot of nice fragrances. :thumbup1:

I absolutely detest both of Penhaligon's male "Bouquet" scents, but most especially doth I loathe BB. It smells, to my nose, like Pine-Sol(C)(TM)(R).

I say this not to offend the many who seem to love it, but just so that you know we may have opposite tastes in these things ;)

My favorites are Duoro (Lords) and Racquets; English Fern follows on as a close third.

After going to their website, I notice that they offer various "mini" bottles... Do they do that in all their scents- and can you buy a custom order of them?

It would be kind of nice to have 3-4 mini bottles as opposed to spending... $400....

Top Bottom