What's new

Wilkinson shave soap stick GREEN!!!!

Hi guys. Can anyone identify this Wilkinson shaving stick?? Is this vintage one or something else? Found it at a local sale. I compared ingredients with blue one and they differe a lot. Green one has lot less ingredients.

Here are some pics

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1380901251577.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1380901251577.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 338
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1380901266096.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1380901266096.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 337
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1380901277553.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1380901277553.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 338
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1380901293060.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1380901293060.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 335
Haven't time to shave with it. Gave it a test lather at it lathered amazingly easy, like a cream lets say TOBS

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
No idea, someone in Germany should be able to confirm as that one is made in Germany.

I see "Warner-Lambert" on one side: they acquired Wilkinson-Sword in 1993. Then Pfizer acquired Warner-Lambert in 2000, both according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warner-Lambert. So I would guess this stick was made ca. 1993-2000.

The ingredient list might be different without much difference in the actual soap. Over time the regulations have changed, requiring more and more potential allergens to be listed separately from "fragrance" or "parfum". Anyway, it is likely to be a good soap. Enjoy the shaves.

It really lathers very easy and fast. I got thick lather in 20sec. Can't wait to try shaving with it.

Here is the pic of the stick. Sorry for the bad quality, I used a phone cause I'm on a trip.
The smell is fresh and like something I used before but I cannot figure out what yet.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1380966909691.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1380966909691.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 255
Nice Find.

The blue Wilkie is an excellent soap.

If your green stick is as good (or perhaps even better?), you're in for some great lather.

Hi guys,

I finally tested the soap last night and what a shave it was! I can't remember having such a good shave for a long long time.

I had a five day growth on me and I have very dense and thick beard. I wasn't able to find some time to shave on a trip.

Made my usual prep, a hot shower. Used my own 24mm finest badger brush in olive wood and British Made Ever-Ready 1912 with GEM blade. Soaked the brush and the stick in warm water. The stick melts very fast so it only needs a couple seconds of warm water. The stick smells fresh and herbal, like a true soap. I face lathered it and what a surprise!! With almost dry brush I got very very thick lather, not dry. I dipped the brush a little just to get tiny bit of water for precaution. The lather exploded but still remained very thick. The blade just glided over the face with no effort at all. No nicks, no razor burn, nothing! Just a little bit dryness like with all other soaps.

All in all amazing shave!!! Glade I bought 8 sticks :biggrin1:

Today I got a Wilkinson shaving soap in a blue bowl (what a disgrace for such big company, IMHO). I took out the soap and threw it.

$img3776.jpg

I took 2 of my new Green Wonder sticks and grated them. Then I put what should have come in this bowl in first place!

$img3781.jpg

I lathered it with my WD 24 mm Black Badger brush just to share with you this wonder! Here is the loaded brush.

$img3782.jpg

And here is a new mountain of peaks. Top that.

$img3784.jpg

$img3785.jpg

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
It would be great to confirm if this is a NOS item or a different line of Wilkinson Sword soap... Do you know if the vendor (or shop) who sold it to you can confirm that information? If it's an old box they found in the backstore or if they can have more? I bet if it's a new line, many vendors will start carrying it as it sounds better than the Wilkinson Sword Blue stick!

The lady I bought those stick from told me that they belonged to her father in law. They are definitely NOS. She had box of 24 sticks.

Top Bottom