What's new

Drambuie

Drambuie has become my new "neat" drink of choice. It goes great with a cigar and is just pleasant to sip. Anyone else drink it?

Scotch and Drambuie with a 3 to 1 is the mix but I prefer closer to 4 to 1-not as sweet. I have never had one with lemon so who knows. Probably a local variation.

It's really sweet, right? Not sure how I'd like that.....

But then, I LOVE port, and port is sweet.

It's a little sweet.
From wikipedia:
Honey- and herb-flavoured golden scotch whisky liqueur made from aged malt whisky, heather honey and a secret blend of herbs and spices. The flavor suggests saffron, honey, anise, nutmeg and herbs.

Drambuie is one of my favorites. It always reminds me of my Great Grandmom who, in her nineties, would partake of a sip of Drambuie whenever the opportunity arose. It was the only alcohol she ever consumed. Her stories of the old days were quite entertaining after she had enjoyed a couple.

This liquer is a natural for Scotch lovers, as the taste is like Scotch with honey and herbs. It is quite sweet, so my wife and I treat it much like a dessert or bedtime treat.

Try it with a Walkers shortbread finger - it is a match made in heaven.

My dad loves this stuff so I bought a bottle, I am a big whiskey kind of guy and I must admit I dont like it thankfully my buddy loves Drambuie & Soda, its nice when ppl come over I can make them some drinks they enjoy.

The only scotch that I drink. Price has really gone up. It ran $35 to $40 a liter at the duty free shops in Europe. I picked up 2 literes, on a recent cruise for $40.

Drambuie's definitely too sweet for me.

Currently my favourite "relax at home" dram is Balvenie Doublewood 12yr Old, that stuff is sssmooooooth.

Each to his own.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
It's really sweet, right? Not sure how I'd like that.....

But then, I LOVE port, and port is sweet.

Take a pot of honey, mix in some special herbs and spices, and then just enough scotch so the honey won't congeal, and you have Drambuie!

I love the stuff, but have to cut it 50:50 with scotch.

Straight up or on the rocks.

Nice and very nostalgic for me as I began drinking this with a group of buddies overseas about 20 years ago.

Top Bottom