What's new

Acquisitions for October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stand, with some minor repairs done and part of my collection inside.

Kent Persian Jar w/ mixed badger/boar original knot (eBay)
Kent Barrel w/ Pure badger original knot (eBay)
Solid Set (Came with stand)
EverReady Bone Handle, reknot (From B&B BST)
Hand Carved ivory Original knot (eBay? Maybe local, don't recall)
150+ yr old Ivory from a shaving set (razor, mug, brush in a fancy box: Local)
dyed and turned bone, reknot (eBay)
Picked? bone, Reknot (BST)
Picked bone, Reknot (BST)
Vintage Ivory Turnback, reknotted with a Wee Scot (eBay)

Only sad thing is the stand wont fit a Chubby 2.

Attachments

• $PICT0129.jpg
    $PICT0129.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 286
Picked this up from ebay and just bought some proraso menthol and eucalyptus pre and shave cream and my first brush which is the omega 49.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1382922568261.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1382922568261.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 276
Great last few days, The second component of one of my Saint Sue auction winning came so the set is complete, very happy!

$CJ_BBG.jpg

And today I got a package from Joe, I cannot wait till morning, but where to start? (sorry for the bad pic)

$Ital 1.jpg

$CameraAwesomePhoto.jpgStopped at Maggard Razors, Adrian Michigan yesterday. Picked up a new long handle for my Tech and just couldn't stop at that. New MR-1 shaved great this morning with a Crystal SS. Also picked up some new blades to try and Brad gave me a sample of their new pre-shave Lime oil - nice. Got home and the sample selection of Sterling hand-mades was in the post box. Wow! and I've been back to wet shaving for 90 days now!!! I admit that I am powerless....

I stopped by my local antique shop again today just to see if he had anything new. I ended up getting 2 Flare Tip Super Speeds, an A1 and a I4, and a Schick M20. All for $5 a piece. I can't wait till I have a little free time to clean off the gunk and get them shining again.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

it smalls great the shave was top notch right up there with tobs. I orderd a full bar of barbershop and a sample of Bayrum. Mike hooked me up with a sample of Rose & Cedarwood$Photo on 2013-11-01 at 12.41.jpg

Went by another antique shop yesterday and picked up a few items and my first straight. A few packs of blades, an Ever Ready 100 T brush, a brush with a m in a circle (not sure about that one), a Gillette '69 O1 Super Adjustable, and a Shumate tungsteel straight razor.

$IMG_20131102_003021.jpg
$IMG_20131102_023047.jpg

This seems like a good place to post my new razors.

Went looking for an affordable razor to start with DE shaving. Ended up with an undated Gillette SS and one marked Z4, which I think came in the Gillette Cavalcade of Sports re-issue? So it's kind of like the first and last of the original SS's.

The seller's pics were horrible and they were in really bad shape, so I was nervous to see what they looked like when they arrived. Spent a couple evenings cleaning them by hand, then had a friend give 'em a dip in his ultrasonic cleaner to get the rest of the gunk. Then used the Dremel to polish them up.

The end result: They are far from mint, but they're clean and they polished up nicely. Pretty good find for $12 incl shipping.

Old school shaving is back by trzarocks, on Flickr

Then I hit BST and grabbed some Omega Soap from user CJames. He was nice enough to throw in some samples to help me get started. The 5 pack of Gillette Silver Blues were a big surprise. I really liked those blades and will be looking to pick some up for November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom