What's new

Nib Acquisitions for October 2013

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Sac is probably OK, I've seen numerous original Esterbrook sacs that have been used and were usable. One never exposed to ink -- probably OK.

Regardless, in the original packaging you've got a treasure. I'd leave it alone and unmolested, but that's just me and my opinion. :wink2:
You have more restraint than I, but then I am not the collecting type.

Well, I haven't posted much in here lately because I just haven't been buying much on the "new to me" side. Mainly just staple items, ink and paper. Last week a friend gave me a Pelikan sapphire demonstrator, and I think it's a rollerball. The reason I say "think" is because it didn't have any of the guts in the pen...so I suppose it could be a ballpoint demonstrator, but I can't find it online. Does Pelikan even make or have they ever made a ballpoint demonstrator? The only reason I ask is so that I can purchase the proper refill. Thanks guys

Well, I haven't posted much in here lately because I just haven't been buying much on the "new to me" side. Mainly just staple items, ink and paper. Last week a friend gave me a Pelikan sapphire demonstrator, and I think it's a rollerball. The reason I say "think" is because it didn't have any of the guts in the pen...so I suppose it could be a ballpoint demonstrator, but I can't find it online. Does Pelikan even make or have they ever made a ballpoint demonstrator? The only reason I ask is so that I can purchase the proper refill. Thanks guys
A pic would help. :)

Just ordered up a Pilot Metro for my colleague who sadly is moving on to pastures new. I'm absolutely devastated.
Still, an opportunity to introduce her to FP's and an excuse to tag on some of the new Diamine inks exclusive to Cult Pens to the order. Not seen them in the nib, so I'll do a review once they land.

Hope the metro is presentable and as good as I've heard..

I caved and picked up a few cheap pens to play with. An order from Jetpens includes a Pilot Plumix, a Pilot Penmanship and a Sailor HighAce Neo.

Also an excuse to pick up a single Pilot G-2 gel pen in 0.38mm just to try it out.

proxy.php

I picked up a few inks to play with, ancient copper is the sample I am looking forward to most. On a side note the private reserve bottles sure are boring.

Got a Pilot Metro my self just today .... and finally pulled the trigger on a B&B LE from Franklin-Christoph with a Medium Italic Nib.

I'm going to pick up brianw's favorite pen outside of the Conway Stewart, once I get the e-mail to confirm.

Confirmed: One TWSBI Diamond 530, F nib on its way. Not a bad price for it either!

Last edited:
Got a Pilot Metro my self just today .... and finally pulled the trigger on a B&B LE from Franklin-Christoph with a Medium Italic Nib.
I'll be curious to see what you think of the B&B LE, I think I might ask for one for Christmas; maybe with a fine nib. I am also eye balling some of the cheaper Ohto, either the Tasche or the fine.

I'll be curious to see what you think of the B&B LE, I think I might ask for one for Christmas; maybe with a fine nib. I am also eye balling some of the cheaper Ohto, either the Tasche or the fine.

I'm guessing you're both talking about the B&B Essential. The annual B&B LE Fountain Pen is an entirely different (and wonderful) thing.

-Andy

The Regina stationery was actually from last month, but I picked up a bottle of Pelikan Edelstein Ruby today. Ideally, it's what I'll use for our Christmas cards this year. I also grabbed a stick of silver wax. The Ahab is just there for "ambiance."

... Well... as much ambiance as an Ahab can give.

$CAM00416.jpg

I broke down and got something before the Ohio Pen Show... It is stealthy but not labeled as such. It will be a work pen and hopefully here Thursday or Wednesday since we all know the Goulet Elves work fast! :D

Dropped by an antique shop yesterday that I knew occasionally has fountain pens and found this one...A Morrison. It looks like Black Chased Hard Rubber (BCHR), but I'm pretty sure it's actually Black Chased Not-So-Hard Plastic (BCNSHP). Anyway, it's a cool-looking old pen, probably from the 1940s and in good, restored condition.

$IMG_1120.jpg

$IMG_1122.JPG

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Akkerman Inks:
Bekakt Haags
Voorhout Violet

Took about two weeks from The Netherlands.

Top Bottom