What's new

Have you, or would you ever give another person a straight razor shave?

Have you, or would you ever give another person a straight razor shave?

• Yes

• Not yet, but I would be happy to

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
But I am reminded of a Trevanian novel, Shibumi, wherein the protagonist and his Japanese hot-chick-for-hire girl friend and he would include shaving each other's bodies as part of foreplay--with the warning, kids don't try this at home. :tongue_sm

Please pardon the hijack, but I remember Shibumi being a darn good read when I was a teen.
They shouldn't have burned down his house...

Ww

I sure wouldn't give anyone a straight shave as I'd most likely end up cutting them BUT I wouldn't say no to receiving this shave:

Disclaimer: Not affiliated with the barber shop at all. Just an interesting video :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have given a shave to my father, and my godfather with a straight razor. Give my younger shaves every now and then with a straight or a DE so he looks proper.

Where i live in asia a shave w/a straight is part of a haircut. Not to mention a upper back,shoulder massage. A while back i had purchased a "kamisori" which i took with me for next haircut. When shave time came i handed the barber the kamisori. I don't believe he'd ever seen one but he gave me a fine shave. BTW ,the entire process costs about $4.00,including a generous tip.

Where i live in asia a shave w/a straight is part of a haircut. Not to mention a upper back,shoulder massage. A while back i had purchased a "kamisori" which i took with me for next haircut. When shave time came i handed the barber the kamisori. I don't believe he'd ever seen one but he gave me a fine shave. BTW ,the entire process costs about $4.00,including a generous tip.

That sounds fantastic!

I am an amateur barber (sans license) and I have cut the hair of a friend from time to time who also asks for the hot lather neck shave. I have offered the straight razor neck shave (not the face) to him before. So far, it has been just a DE safety razor. I am confident that I could give a proper and safe neck shave but the face? No, not comfortable with it.

Frank

Yes, many with shavettes and traditional straights, but i am a licensed barber. For those of you who are a little hesitant don't be. I think it is easier shaving somebody else with a straight than yourself. And practicing on balloons doesn't really work in my experience.

Yeah the balloons aren't really practice, more of a test. Just because you can shave a balloon doesn't mean you can shave a person, but it might mean you are ready to try.

If someone has enough confidence in me to ask me to get that close to their neck and face with a super sharp piece of steel, I would be more than happy enough to give it a try. I would disclaim to them that I'm not responsible for cuts or slices or any Fish Gills that they may have afterward. :scared:

I shaved another person for the first time today. We are visiting my family this weekend, and today I gave my father a straight shave, using my Feather AC SS with a Feather Professional blade.
Not as good reult as I get shaving myself, but at least he didn't get any cuts, nicks or weepers. Shave result was only CCS with some DFS.

I would be down for it. All my friends are already ugly anyway. What is the worst thing that could happen? Having a wing-man with an eye-patch is safer. Well......sorry buddy......but look on the bright side.....you get to be a pirate on every Halloween.......forever.

I could probably shave my younger brother with my Feather AC SS with ease... He has light beard growth, nothing difficult at all. I need more practice on myself before I would even think of it, but after a year or so I would try it. Carefully!

We were having friends get-to-gether and had been in sauna and swimming at lake from early morning. I always shave after sauna my beard and this wasn't no different. Few friends popped in dressing room watching me shave with SR which is almost like seeing unicorn in Finland...

One of my friends asked suddenly would I shave his beard too and of course I agreed! Friend was real nervous and he shake through whole shaving so I did only one pass without any cuts and did decent job with shave.

Next day when we were getting back home from cottage, my friend rubbed his face and thought that it was really smooth. Even he shaked I had no problem to shave so go ahead and give SR shave to them who ask.

Top Bottom