What's new

Completed my first DE shave!!

So I completed my first DE shave today. Man oh man am I in trouble. I do not need another "hobby" to drain my bank accounts (the other being cigars).

I received a very nice package from TacoBell and after picking up a few other necessities I jumped right in.

I used a cheap Van Der Hagen boar brush from the Grocery store and it worked just fine. I am probably going to wait on upgrading my brush until the B&B brush becomes available. Lathered up using some TOBS cream in a bowl. Then with a Gillette SS and a Merkur blade I made a couple of passes.

Not BBS (was told this would take some time) but it was smoother than my electric gets me, and virtually no irritation (cartridge razors tore up my face, which is why I switched to an electric) and only a couple of minor nicks.

I am definitely going to pick up the blade sampler from letterk, and I can see myself acquiring way to many creams and soaps in the near future.

All in all I am very pleased with my shave and looking forward to refining my technique.

Thanks again to TacoBell for his help getting me started.

spiffy

Glad you had a good experience. May it be the first of many (and trust me, it will).:wink:

Welcome aboard!

Good Job Spiffy. I think you have and are approaching this thing we have just right. good plan to work.
Remember

Resistance is futile:thumbup1:

Top Bottom