What's new

"Exact" Brand Blades? (Loblaws store brand)

Anyone tried these out? I saw them at Loblaws grocery store pharmacy section, all the local stores around me seem to only have Gillette Super Stainless for $14.99/10 (!?!)
I'm pretty sure that my Merkur blades are an instigating factor on my rough shaves and I think that I'll need something to tide me over until I get a sample pack from WCS.

The Exact's are roughly $2.50/5 so I think I'll be giving them a go, just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with them.

I only checked quickly and didn't notice a country of origin, and can't find any pictures with my google ninja skills... I may have to go pick them up for some further reporting.

They're American Personna blades, the same ones that you can find at Wal-Mart. I think you get 10 blades for $1.49 at Wal-Mart though.

They're American Personna blades, the same ones that you can find at Wal-Mart. I think you get 10 blades for $1.49 at Wal-Mart though.

I was just coming here to post that!
I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a pack of Personas, then on the way back stopped at loblaws, low and behold, they looked pretty much identical.
Case closed. Now to see how the Personas work for me :)

i picked up some american personnas here in a mercadona supermarket in spain, they are the absolute worst blade i´ve used, it would skip on my skin,

So I tried the persona's this morning, I was pleased by their performance, but I only did a quick 2 pass WTG/XTG as I was in a hurry (and recovering from abit of a dull blade butcher job from the day before). Thourough pre-shave in the shower with st-ives apricot scrub, then soaking my beard in hair conditioner then a good hot water soak. Col. Conk lime nice and slick, 2 passes then neutrogena razor defense ASB.

Looks good, definately not bbs but I didn't expect that. All in all a comfortable effective shave, tomorrow night I'll give them the full 4 pass test.

rikrdo

The Loblaws referred to in ther thread is a Canadian grocery chain.
Could you tell me, and any other Canadians who dont recognize the name, who Bob Loblaw is?

Thanks

Graham

Bob Loblaw was a lawyer on the sitcom "Arrested Development."

If you ever have the chance to watch it, it's one of the best written and acted American shows ever aired and possibly the best
American sitcom ever. Fox, of course, cancelled it.

Thanks Dave!

And now back to Confuzius's question. Loblaws doesn't carry DE blades in Ontario anymore so no comment on the "Exact" brand. American Personnas certainly have a mixed reputation here, but don't write them off because of that. APs work a treat for some of us, so you might be pleasantly suprised.

Graham

Loblaws doesn't carry DE blades in Ontario anymore

Just yesterday I saw packs of 'Exact double edged - Platinum Chrome Blades' 5 for 2.50 at Zehrs which is essentially Loblaws in the Kitchener area.

They are stamped made in the USA and the package back says they are Vydax treated platinum chrome (Vydax is a dupont trade mark).

Personna blades made in USA have the Vydax Dupont TM on the back as well.

I'll let you know how they shave.

Bob Loblaw was a lawyer on the sitcom "Arrested Development."

If you ever have the chance to watch it, it's one of the best written and acted American shows ever aired and possibly the best
American sitcom ever. Fox, of course, cancelled it.

+1. Best comedy in years.

Top Bottom