What's new

Casual shoe help?

S

Sam

Well, need some suggestions guys. I have a pair of drivers, black suede, and another pair of darker brown croc print. I have Cole Haan penny loafers.

Got a wedding in late April and it is either jeans or khakis for the casual rehearsal dinner (catfish in a lodge). Dont know what shirt or casual sweater I will wear, but I need some comfortable casual shoes. More to the casual side of a dress casual, but might wear to the office when I dont wear a suit. Dont really want a heel, but maybe a molded rubber sole, all in one (but not a driver sole, knobby and what all). I dont know that a boat shoe is all that versatile but Sperry and Tommy Bahama have some.

Im thinking of a darker brown but someone may suggest black. Make suggestions and maybe post pics or links to a pic of an approrpriate shoe. Id like something comfortable and maybe up to $100 or so.

Sam

Brown or black in this shoe? http://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneSpecial.asp?CategoryID=124

One of these (said to be super comfy and handmade)
http://www.quoddytrail.com/Venetians.htm

or something like this in brown?
http://www.shoebuy.com/tommy-bahama-havana/226565

I'm kind of partial to Johnston & Murphy's Shuler Bicycle. One of the more comfortable shoes I've worn.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I actually like to dress up my casual attire with nicer shoes so I may not be much help, why no heel?

S

Sam

I have various dress shoes (Cole Haan Bergamo in a lighter brown, Suede Coach loafers in Chocolate brown) and wanting something a bit more sporty casual. I dont like laceup shoes with jeans particularly and this may just be one of my own pet peeves

Try Cole Haan Santa Barbarra's if you can still get them. I believe they have been replaced by a shoe in there line with a slightly different name. I dont have the link but I know they are shown on the company website. I have a pair and they are comfortable and fit what you are describing. You can pretty much mix them with jeans, khakis or whatever just not dressy enough for a suit. Plus they are loafers so they are great if you are lazy and like to kick off your shoes.

hey hey.

they're a strange american streetwear brand called 'greedy genius' - they take the style of old 80's nike shoe styles like Air Force Ones and mack them up like crazy with bizarre, limited-edition colourways. And they're not too expensive either, they go for 100$ or so around my neck of the woods.

-L.

Those Ecco's look mightily comfortable. Although a bit less stylish, I would say, than your other two.

-Mo

S

Sam

What about the color of the shoes? Too reddish or will they be fine with khakis and jeans?

Those Ecco's look mightily comfortable. Although a bit less stylish, I would say, than your other two.

-Mo

+1 on Ecco shoes; wonderfully comfortable. I've heard a bit of kvetching about a visible logo, but it's (on all of my shoes) just a shallow impression on the back of the shoe, and will be covered by slacks. Even when not covered, you have to be right up on 'em to notice it, so I really don't consider this an issue (but will admit a strong dislike for any logo on anything I wear; if they ain't payin' me to advertise for them, I don't).

I'm kind of partial to Johnston & Murphy's Shuler Bicycle. One of the more comfortable shoes I've worn.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Now that is a good looking shoe.

Thank you for sharing these, I had never seen or heard of them, and will definitely be checking out a pair come spring.

Top Bottom