What's new

Any Milwaukee area interest?

Hey guys. Anyone from the Milwaukee area want to get together for a little meet-up? We could swing by a few places I know that have some good stuff. Stag Barbershop, Brass Rooster, and Soaps and Scents. All small locally owned stores. Or we could just meet somewhere for some good food and shaving conversation. Bring a PIF to Pass or something like that.

Sadly I dont live up there anymore otherwise I would have taken you up on that. Good luck getting it off the ground though.

Thanks. I know we have several Mke based people here, but they may be busy or don't read this section.

Np. If im ever up that way ill hit you guys up for info on where to go. Then visit my usual places like the safehouse, and some others

Last edited:
Yes! Sounds good Lojac. Maybe you could PM me, and we could go from there? Or I'll PM you, when I get home. Thanks.

Would be awesome to have more people chime in on this. I am sure that there is more than 3 of us that live or have lived in the area. Be nice to maybe even get this to happen close to the IL WI border. Maybe then would could get people from the chicago area also. Just a thought.

It sounds like fun. I have a pretty tight schedule, but if the date works out, a meet up might be fun.

I have commented on this one anda Chicago keep but seems like the is not much interest in the Midwest. Come on all, let's get this to happen.

It was a couple of years ago but we had a get together here in the Chicago area and had a dozen guys there no problem.

I'll be candid and say that it takes one person who takes the lead on something like this for it to come together. They post an initial inquiry, drum up a number of guys who are interested and then they need to declare a date out a month or so. Then they PM and confirm, post pics of some items guys are bringing, etc.

For instance, I have donated our sample packs to these a number of times. Other guys donate stuff and post pics ahead of time. This is what gets guys to attend.

Here is where it goes off track. Nobody is in charge and the thread keeps searching for that ideal date that everyone can attend. Then the meet never happens. My two cents and don't intend to be a downer here but all that is missing is someone to really run with it and promote it.

Good points there, Captain. I was hoping to take the lead on something a few months ago, but it didn't really work out and then honestly, I got too busy. I'd be willing to attend something in the MKE area, but at this time, can't spend much time planning it. Maybe later in the year during the summer I could head something up.

I live near Fond du Lac, so something on the north side or west side would be great! Also, just getting started so a Q&A during would be really helpful; just started using my EJ DE89 and my technique is inconsistent at best, my lathers seem to be improving, but I'm sure I could do better, even with all the info on here having someone in person would be helpful. Thanks!

I am up for a MKE Meet n Greet. I can ask Jess from STAG barbershop to let us use her place perhaps.

CHEERS!

--T

That would be a great place for a get together. I know she has done things like that in the past and Mantic even gave a shave demo there.

Top Bottom