What's new

Nib Storage

I'm trying to think ahead here for a change. I'm starting to collect a number of nibs. How best to store them? By type, size, brand, in a box, a bag, in a tray in the desk? Got pics? Thanks for the help.

I have a few nibs that are all in a little plastic zipper bag in a box on my desk. I only have 3 or 4 nibs, though.

-Andy

How about one of these clear plastic fishing tackle boxes?

$31KXAVH4HHL.jpg

I actually have a tackle box that I acquired during a brief stint in graphic design school. It was part of an art kit that was required for a class. I've been using it ever since for art supplies. Now it's pretty much been taken over by Nib accoutrements.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I've got some parts drawers marked by manufacturer, Parker, Sheaffer, Pelikan, etc.
Inside there I have these, I guess intended for coins.

Great ideas, friends. I appreciate your responses. I'll post what I decide on (the first time), after my next trip to Walmart.

I stopped in a local antique store and found this for nib storage:
$SAM_0109.jpg
I also found this drawer to store some pens:
$SAM_0110.jpg
The drawer came with this:
$SAM_0103.jpg

You should pick up a felt-covered pen tray drawer insert...you can easily cut them to the correct size, they come in a variety of colors and they do a great job keeping the pens separate and secure. I get mine from gopens.com

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The drawer came with this:
View attachment 371872

Nice desk- I had one my grandfather refinished when I was a teen. Mine had round legs, though. I wish I had that desk now. As to the pic- take them landscape instead of portrait (wide aspect as opposed to tall). The rotation problem seems to be common to many cell phones- I know it is a glitch in both the iPhone and Galaxy S4.

on edit: does the writing surface pull out for more area?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Goulet sells small vials for ink samples, they are also great for nib storage!! That's where I keep mine in.

Hi Owen, thanks, and yes, the surface under the small drawers (that now have pen liners, thanks Larry) and cubbies slides out. And there is a full length drawer.

Goulet sells small vials for ink samples, they are also great for nib storage!! That's where I keep mine in.

Mine are now in these vials too, in one of the newly lined drawers. Thanks for the great idea Rudy. I had a bunch from ink samples.

Top Bottom