What's new

Trumper's skin food as a pre-shave.

Oops. I posted a review on the skin food today saying that I felt the need to moisturise after applying the skin food. So that's what I've been doing wrong. :confused1 Will try it vice versa tomorrow. Thanks

No, I think your initial thought was correct. At least that's what I do, i.e., first apply the Skin Food, let it absorb completely, then moisturize further using Nivea Extra Enriched Lotion.

I don't think it would work well the other way around.

best - MM

Thats why I was down on the skin food in my review. I would expect even a cheap ASB to be more moisturising than the skin food is. Plus, moisturising on top kills the lovely rose scent. YMMV but I really don't know whether to love or hate the stuff.

Very interesting, this is something I've been considering. You mentioned that you use it in conjunction with Kyle's shave preparation (don't we all?!) - did you put the CSF on with your lather, and then use hot towels, or did you CSF after the hot towels?

I'm wondering if it will stay on the skin after soaking in hot towels, you see - in which case I'd apply it immediately before the lather for my first pass.

Many thanks, and toodlepip,

Hobbes

I only use the CSF with kyles prep. I actually put it on the shower and let the steam moisten it up, then I put the hot towel over for two minutes when I was standing over the sink. After that, I washed my face with a little slag from the cube. I've tried mixing conditioners and lather before and it almost always irritates the crap out of my skin, so I just went the CSF as my pre-shave.

I have just discovered this trick and it is just the best pre shave I have ever used (including T&H oil, Molton brown oil, Dermalogica shave guard, Castle forbes pre shave, proraso pre post, Santa maria novella pre).

I wash my face and then massage a small quantity. Then apply a wet towel for a couple of minutes and lather.

This product feels sort of like the Castle Forbes pre shave but seems to hydrate the skin more.

Being glycerin based, should any quantity be left on the skin, the glycerin might help the lather to grow denser (in fact a small amount with a cream or on a puck might lead to super lather).

Holy shyt - tried something new and it was great.

Shower
Wash face
Coral Skin Food
Lather on top of skin food.
Massage in
Hot towel
Rinse- relather
Shave - 3 pass

That first pass was incredible and effortless. Do this everyday like all of you and you notice things like that. It was like I was just scraping the cream off face with a spatula. Easiest shave I've had in awhile. Less touch up needed on my neck than usual.

I had used Skin Food pre-shower, but this seemed to work way better. May not work as well for everybody but this was eye opening.

Love this place. Thanks guys.

Top Bottom