What's new

Anyone else do this?

I am traveling and didn't bring a razor so can't shave but I did go down to AoS yesterday for a professional job. While there I picked up a tub of cream. This morning I was eager to try it out so I lathered up (which was amazing, by the way) and left it for a few minutes to moisturize my face then washed it off in the shower.

Anyone else do weird stuff like this?

Eh, not with cream or anything... But I do splash on Osage Rub just about every time I go in the bathroom. No real reason other than I like the way it makes my face and neck feel :osage:

I lather up any new soap I get as soon as I get home with it, which isn't really weird, and I'm sure most do. I also do like rlittlefield, except with Pinaud Clubman.

It was not my first shave at AoS. I have done it 2 or 3 times before when travelling. It was a fine experience, like always, but the razor blade they were using in the dovo shavette pulled quite a lot. It was a permasharp. I almost recommended that they switch to feathers ;)

They always use the unscented variety during their shaves but I picked up the ocean kelp scent. It is a nice summer scent, I think. HOpe SWMBO likes it.

Ahhhh....someone as obsessive as myself! Good to hear! I shave at 5am each week day, so the joy of a new product is somewhat diminished by my tiredness. To really appreciate a new cream or soap, I do what you have described. Other than that, I need to wait until the weekend and shave at a more sociable hour to get the best bang for my buck.

I too always take the leftover creme from my brush or from my hand if I have squeezed the lather from the brush for touch up passes (the best lather is always inside the bristles anyhow) and apply it to my face after I have finished shaving....if I have time. I let it sit on my face while I wash my body (since I shave in the shower) and then rinse the lather off last.

Since most good cremes have quality ingredients I figure it can't be bad for my face. Plus rubbing the lather into my freshly shaven face and letting it sit seems to help any weepers or irritation I may have developed during the shave. With learning to shave with my new R41, I have had a lot of weepers and irritation lately...and not enough lather!

Never thought of the after shave lather. I'll give it a try. I do test lathers all the time...New brush, New soap, New cream. I play with my after shaves, but I live alone, so no olfactory annoyances.

I am traveling and didn't bring a razor so can't shave but I did go down to AoS yesterday for a professional job. While there I picked up a tub of cream. This morning I was eager to try it out so I lathered up (which was amazing, by the way) and left it for a few minutes to moisturize my face then washed it off in the shower.

Anyone else do weird stuff like this?

I always try a new lather before using it to shave--usually as soon as I get home! If it feels moisturizing I leave it on for a few minutes.

I shave in the shower and after the shave, I squeeze out what's left in the brush and spread it on my face--providing it is very moisturizing stuff like AOS. I leave it on my face while I finish up washing my body.

I also sometimes use lather to help moisten my face before shaving. A nice layer of lather on my face, while I wash my hair (for example) feels great---and I think it might actually help a bit.

BTW, what AOS did you go to and how as the shave?

Top Bottom