What's new

Zorrik Blades

Zorriks are made in India by a company called Vidyut, which also makes the SuperMax blades. I have not tried the Zorriks, but my experience with the SuperMax's was that they were the 2nd worst blades I have ever tried. As a result, and since I have found other blades that work great, I personally would not buy anything made by Vidyut. Of course, YMMV!

I have used the Supermax platinum and found they gave me one good (as in close with no nicks, cuts, pulling) shave with more passes and touch-up than I need with other blades (Derbys, Merkurs, Dorcos) and were not good for a second shave. Again, YMMV.

I haven't tried a Zorrick but the first Super-Max Platinum I tried lasted longer than any other blade I had ever used, 12 days. I thought I'd found a winner but then the next one I tried was noticeably dull on the second day and totally dull the third day. I went through ten of them and found quality varied greatly with most well below average. Zorrick is an even cheaper blade than Super-Max. I've been told that the Zorrick and Super-Max Super Stainless are the same blade in different packaging for different markets.

Sharpness and dullness are the only differences in blades I've ever found and I've tried over 30 brands.

Richard

Top Bottom