What's new

DA_M - I hate RAD.

I don't need another razor. I have only one face and already have 10 razors so I don't need another razor.... Da-- RAD...
Just hooked up with Gary to score the NDC razor he has listed on BST. Its probably a 1949 (has the groove for blades on the center bar) which is my birth year. Dang it - its all because of this forum... what can I say? I have an addiction to razors even though mostly I shave with my open comb Merkur 11c OC. The rest of them I just take out, feel and fondle them and enjoy the craftsmanship and mechanics of them (I'm also a brush sniffer). GAWD HELP ME !!!!!

Join the club. I learned to embrace RAD. I like collecting things and I enjoyed hunting for and buying lots of nice razors. I'm taking a 3 month break because my RAD got a bit out of control, but I put together a very nice collection and I plan to keep it for many years (until eBay prices go even higher!).

I don't need another razor. I have only one face and already have 10 razors so I don't need another razor.... Da-- RAD...
Just hooked up with Gary to score the NDC razor he has listed on BST. Its probably a 1949 (has the groove for blades on the center bar) which is my birth year. Dang it - its all because of this forum... what can I say? I have an addiction to razors even though mostly I shave with my open comb Merkur 11c OC. The rest of them I just take out, feel and fondle them and enjoy the craftsmanship and mechanics of them (I'm also a brush sniffer). GAWD HELP ME !!!!!

Just enjoy RAD! (Which is what I am doing.)

My rule #1 is though to always ask myself (and answer positively) two questions before plundering my wallet for another razor:
  • will I also enjoy the razor of my actual desire if I will not shave with it on a regular basis, that is only once in a while?
  • can I afford it without even a slight sacrifice of existential dimensions?

I don't consider myself as a collector but I love variety and to cut back my stubbles everyday with some well working piece of shaving history (including contemporary razors).

Top Bottom