What's new

The Toughest Man I Know.

I remembered what a friend of mine did once, and I was amazed and when I look back am STILL amazed at what he did. Ok I am 34 my friend is I think in his late 40's early 50's he is an old biker type and has a full beard and I'd say it is about 3/4 a foot long maybe, well I only seen him once with out it and the time he took it off I watched this man shave.

That's right no trimming or cutting, I watched this man who might be related to zz top (joking lol) he took one of those generic orange single bladed disposable razors. And with nothing no creams, soaps or foam or even oil, I watched in horror as he began dry shaving it off with gusto, he did begin rinsing the razor as he went or it wouldn't work...but JEEBUS!

He did it all like that and after words washed his face, and I am not sure but I think he might have hit it with some skin bracer after. But he got a bss, and I don't think he even got razor burn, and if he did this man was far too tough to either feel it or give a rats behind.

This my friends is a true story, and one I will never in life forget...if I tried that I would have my head in a freezer in a Big Bag of ice and likely bleeding. I just thought I would share this tale from the School of Hard Knocks where I reside, I got some tough friends...makes my face burn just thinking back on it lol.

All I said to him was "Wow...just...WOW...how tf can you do it like that?" :scared:

Know what he told me? He said he never used any thing that he could remember in the first place.

What do you think? Boggles my mind. lol He has his beard back these day's.

Good story OP. That is one though guy.

Kind of reminds of this guy :scared:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a couple of friends who've had stitches put in without anesthetic, one on his chin. Didn't feel like waiting and spending any more time in the ER than we had to. Seven stitches in and I think he sorta flinched twice maybe.

there are just some dudes that swim in the very deep end of the gene pool, and can do very impressive things. I've known several.

Last edited:
You need to teach him about the finer things, like shaving soaps, brushes etc...who knows, you might make a convert. If he's been shaving like that all his life, no wonder he grew a beard....:scared:

Good story OP. That is one though guy.

Kind of reminds of this guy :scared:

WOW - he even did a sort of 3 pass WTG, XTG and ATG. Can you imagine what kinda razor rash that thing would give you....it boggles the mind....(the song should have been "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK" <G>...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bss lol meant baby smooth shave, was tired writing this, BBS is more like what I meant really. Hum I suppose I could always give it a try, likely assemble a gift set...would HAVE to be some thing simple I would think as my friend when he dose shave prefers quick and simple and it dose stump me as what I could manage to get him if I went that rout.

Likely a good shave stick those are quick and easy, possibly a good safety razor but also put in a thing for the dollar shave club with it in case he doesn't care for a DE, but I'd supply him with several assorted packs of de blades as well.Styptic and some good after shave, possibly some thing from Aqua Velva, I am currently digging some of their Musk or more likely some Old Spice likely more fitting for him. Think that might cover his needs and desires for quick and easy, hum I will have to think about that Xmas is coming up.

But yes, I've never seen any one shave like his did the once I was simply in awe lol

your impressed by a guy using a cartridge? i dont get it? before i found the finer thing in life,, I.E. B&B.. i used to shave that way on a regular basis.

now i do all the fancy stuff because its fun. but there was a day when all i would use was an orange cart. and some water.

Seriously...I don't know how some shave dry with any thing, suppose i have more sensitive skin or a lower tolerance? Either way, makes my face burn thinking about it lol. I wont be trying it any time soon, but hey more power to you if you can haha. And yeah all this fancy stuff is fun and good therapy, hell I wont likely ever give it up.

The guy with the axe would have been bleeding in a dozen places if he'd have used a Feather!

Not shaving related but, I live in New Orleans and in the days shortly after Hurricane Katrina there were very few people around and no one open for business. Someone put a tootsie pop in my "care package" and I broke a molar chewing on it. There wasn't a practicing dentist for a hundred miles. After two days of having a toothache while doing the most physically demanding work I have ever undertaken in temperatures over 100 degrees F, I noticed a 10" channel locks sitting next to my barbecue pit. Without giving it a second thought I extracted the offending ivory in probably less than a minute. Chomped down on a wad of gauze and returned to the task of propping my house back up and clearing out oak branches etc.

I'm not a tough guy at all. And thinking back on that incident gives me the willies but at the time I just remember feeling gleeful when I saw that pliers and got the inspiration.

It's odd what gentle people are capable of doing under extremely adverse conditions.

$image.jpg

OUCH Skeezixx! Trying to imagine having to do that makes my teeth hurt!

The guy with the axe would have been bleeding in a dozen places if he'd have used a Feather!

Not shaving related but, I live in New Orleans and in the days shortly after Hurricane Katrina there were very few people around and no one open for business. Someone put a tootsie pop in my "care package" and I broke a molar chewing on it. There wasn't a practicing dentist for a hundred miles. After two days of having a toothache while doing the most physically demanding work I have ever undertaken in temperatures over 100 degrees F, I noticed a 10" channel locks sitting next to my barbecue pit. Without giving it a second thought I extracted the offending ivory in probably less than a minute. Chomped down on a wad of gauze and returned to the task of propping my house back up and clearing out oak branches etc.

I'm not a tough guy at all. And thinking back on that incident gives me the willies but at the time I just remember feeling gleeful when I saw that pliers and got the inspiration.

It's odd what gentle people are capable of doing under extremely adverse conditions.

respect :thumbup1:

There's a video on YouTube of a guy shaving off a 6-month beard with a Feather DX. No lather, no trimming. Just a splash of water and then hacking it off. It falls off like cheap shingles in a cat 5 hurricane, too. It's pretty impressive.

Top Bottom