What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

There have been so many nice score posts lately I thought I might as well get in on the fun. This is my antique market find from last weekend...saw a little plain wooden box sitting closed on a table and opened it up to reveal this (the box ended up being a Wilkinson box actually). Nice surprise! Insta grabbed this bad boy and left a happy man ;)

Happy hu

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

NICE!! Looks just like the one I started with-from my Dad.

Nice find :) Sometimes they come in mismatched cases or boxes you wouldn't expect them to be in and the people selling them don't know. I got my first vintage razor at a swap shop and it was in a Valet case. Then I did some research and the razor was actually a Gillette flair tip rocket (it was too dirty at the time to see the logo). So, don't ignore something because of the box it's in.

Nice score Morman. Those are nice razors. As Jacquers mentioned, they are similar to a tech. So similar that it seems that one is a copy of the other.

Hello men, I'm pretty stoked right now about a purchase I've just made. Normally I wait until the score is in my hands to post here, but I'm so excited about this I had to share it with you all.
I scored a full, sealed, case of Star double edge razors, and the store display and all paperwork for the razor sets in the case. The really cool thing about this case of razors, is that the seller accepted a best offer to my advantage. Here's some photos from the seller-
I'm extremely pleased. Thanks for letting me share. Have a great night.
That is so incredibly unique, Alan - well played! You're gonna run out of room, ya know? <grin>

I've been bitten by the DE bug and have purchased a couple of Merkurs and have an Edwin Jagger and a Muhle on the way. So I was going on about these things to the spousal unit, when she walked into the bedroom and returned with a small wooden box. These were inside. I had completely forgotten about them. They were her dad's. He was a rifleman in WWII Europe and I suspect the red cross package was handed out to him during that time.

The Gillette adjustable I picked up at a yard sale years ago and also forgot about it! Oh well, I am one very happy idiot, that counts for a lot.

$IMG_5572.jpg$IMG_5576.jpg$IMG_5575.jpg$IMG_5573.jpg$IMG_5574.jpg

On the underside of the razor you'll see a letter and a number, like M- 1 indicating the year and quarter it was made, in that example it would be the first quarter of 1967.

Hello men, I scored these two razors and cases on Friday. I did the clean up yesterday too, I Sam just getting around to posting them. I scored them at a couple of local antique stores. Here's the photos-

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436034922.911619.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436034940.027321.jpg

It was a pleasant surprise to open the Red & Black set case, to discover a 1941 Ranger Tech. The New cost me $20 plus tax, and the Ranger Tech cost me $25 plus tax. Not too bad. I am OK with that. Most of the antique stores here are wise to the vintage shaving bug, and charge eBay prices on all shaving related goods. And most of them won't barter.

Thanks Dave! Yes, my heart did start pumping a bit faster when I opened that case and discovering it. I'm glad the price was marked on it when I found it, the proprietor said a higher price, and I showed him the tag. Then he said "oh I guess the price is already on there." Greedy old bugger.

Top Bottom