What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Greetings - Finally got lucky at a PA antiques flea today - Can anyone give me more info on these?

$9 Ball End Old Type (Short Comb?) with case - can anyone help ID this? The handle is perfect (no split) and the plating looks like nickel.
View attachment 606944View attachment 606945

$image.jpeg

So I had wanted to try DE razors for a bit but I am far too frugal for my own good. I stumbled across a cigar box full of razors for $5 at an estate sale, and this what it contained.
$20151012_134407_zpsasdskz09.jpg
Not bad for money I don't think. Any help identifying the older ones on the left would be appreciated :thumbup: The fourth from the left is stamped "Property of U.S. Army" also don't mind my dirty desk lol.

Sweet find! Congrats.

What they look like to me: NEW, NEW, Old, Old, Tech, Tech, Red Tip Superspeed, Tech. The one at the top also looks like an Old Type.

1 & 2 are NEWs (I cannot tell Long Comb or Short Comb with those pics)
3 & 4 are both Old Types, with #4 looking like it has a mismatched handle from the 50's
5, 6, & 8 are all Tech's - If the slots on the base plat are oblong, they are 1946-1950, if triangular, then they are considered pre-War (1938-1945)
7 is a Red Tip

So I had wanted to try DE razors for a bit but I am far too frugal for my own good. I stumbled across a cigar box full of razors for $5 at an estate sale, and this what it contained.
View attachment 607169
Not bad for money I don't think. Any help identifying the older ones on the left would be appreciated [emoji106] The fourth from the left is stamped "Property of U.S. Army" also don't mind my dirty desk lol.
Great haul. Instant shave den. Enjoy your adventure.

Not bad for money I don't think. Any help identifying the older ones on the left would be appreciated [emoji106] The fourth from the left is stamped "Property of U.S. Army" also don't mind my dirty desk lol.

You basically just bought about 45 years of Gillette history for $5. Not bad. Congrats!

got my first old-type a 1921 ball end. with only minor cracks in the handle, yet seems very solid.
$oldtype1.jpg
$oldtype2.jpg
i look forward to trying it out.

Very Excited to use this one. My 1918 Single ring arrived today and She is definitely a beauty.

Here is the Before Photos as I received it, (The case interior is in great condition, however it is missing the top portion of the securing strap. No Worries there though I am just impressed with the condition of the velvet and the markings inside).

$20151013_185421-1.jpg

$20151013_185441-1.jpg

$20151013_185503-1.jpg

$20151013_185534-1.jpg

$20151013_185616-1.jpg

Great scores everyone! I love reviewing this thread!
Here's my most recent $15 score-

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444803564.058207.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444803579.389250.jpg

The blade case is the most interesting thing I've gotten in a while. It is all metal. Can anyone identify this blade case? Maybe help me pin down what year it was made? I've never seen a tin like the big one either. Note the inscription on the inside of the lid. Any input is appreciated. And thanks for looking!

Top Bottom