What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Got myself my first Red Tip and Made in Brazil Mono Tech (T2 date code) - really impressed with both of these! Got the Mono Tech for 2 dollars + shipping :w00t: Haven't tried the Mono Tech yet, but Red Tip could possibly be my new favorite razor based on one try.

View attachment 661293

I could be wrong but I think the pic below is the Monotech which has no lengthwise grooves on the handle. Both are made in Brazil and are great shavers. Not sure if there were any Monotechs made anywhere else come to thing of it.
proxy.php

Mail call. I bought this via an online ad. I was so excited to finally get a fat handle Tech that I didn't realize it's the wrong baseplate for it (even though it was on the ads photos) and it doesn't fit with the top cap. As a bonus the baseplate is slightly bent from what looks like someone over tightening it. :sad: Pay attention or pay school fees. At least it wasn't too expensive and it's not a total loss, I'll be able to use the handle and top cap and sell or trade the blade bank.

$20160527_143548.jpg

Both are made in Brazil and are great shavers.

Oh yes, my Mono Tech was absolutely amazing! Great balance between smooth and agressive. Probably got my most irritation free BBS ever with it, when I tried it yesterday for the first time. However, I also tried Myrsol Emulsion Pre-Shave for the first time so it might have been the combination of the two.

Besides the great shave, it is probably in the best condition out of the vintage razors I have acquired over my first two months of RAD

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I'm so weak... Saw this on the bay and jumped! It's in the wrong case (It's for a Federal set) but I don't care...
proxy.php

$IMG_0002.jpg$IMG_0003.jpgGot these two on a road trip yesterday. Nothing fancy but the Eversharp Schick is a "66" Dark Blue Handle with a silver finish head, 1949. The Gillette is a nice little Black Handle three piece in really good condition.

Picked us this guy today. First one I have found in the wild in a good while. Plus she said she thinks she has two DE razors more at home!

It's a very clean Merkur Progress, but probably from the late 80s as under the cap it is marked W. Germany! Oh, and I stole it at $10!!

$image.jpg

I just came home from a 1500km road trip and all I could manage to find was these three, it's slim pickings here right now!
Aristocrat junior, slim and a knack.
$image.jpg
$image.jpg
I had to do a little repair on the jr.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Very nice :thumbup1:

One of my favourite shavers, very efficient, mows down stubble with ease. Does it have the customary crack?

I've been all over the listers photos and I can't find a crack so far... We shall see when it arrives. I've never shaved with a criterion but if it is anything like my other NEW Deluxes ('31 Lady Gillette Jade and a '35 common bar handle) I'll be a very happy boy!

Nice! Congrats

Thank you!

Last edited:
just picked up these from the bay, shhh not told missus.
$Screenshot_2016-05-28-20-00-24.jpg$Screenshot_2016-05-28-20-01-36.jpg
I have no idea about the Gillette on the left, selling as NOS has diamond Gillette logo on head, and looks in great condition made in England,
razor on left is a tech slim flat end handle and again looks in great condition complete with blade case also made in England
will see how they look/shave on receipt....

Top Bottom