What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Hello men, I scored these two razors and cases on Friday. I did the clean up yesterday too, I Sam just getting around to posting them. I scored them at a couple of local antique stores. Here's the photos-

View attachment 584319

View attachment 584320

It was a pleasant surprise to open the Red & Black set case, to discover a 1941 Ranger Tech. The New cost me $20 plus tax, and the Ranger Tech cost me $25 plus tax. Not too bad. I am OK with that. Most of the antique stores here are wise to the vintage shaving bug, and charge eBay prices on all shaving related goods. And most of them won't barter.

What did you do to clean it up so good?

It was a pleasant surprise to open the Red & Black set case, to discover a 1941 Ranger Tech. The New cost me $20 plus tax, and the Ranger Tech cost me $25 plus tax. Not too bad. I am OK with that. Most of the antique stores here are wise to the vintage shaving bug, and charge eBay prices on all shaving related goods. And most of them won't barter.
Love the Ranger Tech! It's my favorite TTO Razor. Perfect balance of smoothness and efficiency.

just picked these up off of Craigs, what do you think? Any value? I am going to try and refurbish them, any tips on that? Thanks in advance. View attachment 584543View attachment 584544View attachment 584545View attachment 584546View attachment 584547
Nice haul and all good razors! Get yourself some Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner and give them a good soaking and scrubbing. Follow up with a gentle metal polish such as Simichrome and you've got yourself a nice collection.

We made a couple stops on the way home from our Daughters and found a few things. The Star may become the new travel razor because I gave my '67 Blk Handle to our 14 yr old grandson as his first razor. I have seen the lone handle before but I don't remember the maker. The Gillette is in pretty good shape with one slightly bent tooth and a very minor crack at the top.

View attachment 584403

Not bad, sir!!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436130141.712017.jpg

Went to visit my aunt at a flea market where she does some antiquing. We were chatting about how I was looking for some vintage DE's and she hands me these two in a baggy. I asked her how much she wanted and she said "Nothing! They're yours."

1960 Superspeed on the left and a Rocket Flare Tip S-code on the right.

the gold razor first to the left says insert key on the bottom, I dont know how to remove the razor without the key. Does anyone know the type of razor it is so that I can do research and remove it. Thank you

After a long dry spell three razors came into my possession. A coworker brought a beautiful New Long Comb to me from a neighbor whose husband passed away some years ago. It has some plate loss on the edge of the top cap and the teeth, but the handle is immaculate. At an antique store I found the other two razors. Paging Edgar! I'm not 100% sure what I have but I believe one is an Aristocrat from pre-WWII (no endcaps). I think the other is a Fat Handle Gold Tech. Any help with identification would be greatly appreciated.

$IMG_0269.jpg$IMG_0270.jpg$IMG_0275.jpg$IMG_0277.jpg

Great scores Old Hiker! I don't know for certain, but I am thinking that Aristocrat is a 1946/47. It appears to me that the end cap was removed. And the case may be a mismatch as well. It should have Aristocrat printed on the interior of the lid. The case may be from a New Belmont Deluxe. But they are still all great scores. They will shave very well.

Great scores Old Hiker! I don't know for certain, but I am thinking that Aristocrat is a 1946/47. It appears to me that the end cap was removed. And the case may be a mismatch as well. It should have Aristocrat printed on the interior of the lid. The case may be from a New Belmont Deluxe. But they are still all great scores. They will shave very well.
Thanks for the info!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436146734.658266.jpg

I was very happy to win this NEW off the 'bay recently. The grainy photos and poor description kept the price low. I bid on it because all of my NEWs are ball end handles, and I wanted one with a common bar handle.

Well double score! I couldn't see from the pics, but upon it's arrival I realized it's a SC NEW! I only to this point owned LCs. So I was quite happy!

I currently use a EJ DE89 and just landed my first vintage by winning an ebay auction for a 58 super speed. It appears to be in great shape and shave ready after cleaning (at least thats what I am hoping for). Pictures to follow when it arrives.

After a long dry spell three razors came into my possession. A coworker brought a beautiful New Long Comb to me from a neighbor whose husband passed away some years ago. It has some plate loss on the edge of the top cap and the teeth, but the handle is immaculate. At an antique store I found the other two razors. Paging Edgar! I'm not 100% sure what I have but I believe one is an Aristocrat from pre-WWII (no endcaps). I think the other is a Fat Handle Gold Tech. Any help with identification would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 584591View attachment 584593View attachment 584595View attachment 584596

Golden bliss! Congrats!

Top Bottom