What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Indeed! I paid $22 shipped for it, and I've seen some of these go for $100 or $200 sometimes. Of course those are usually almost completely immaculate, and this one does have a little bit of wear on it, but I can't complain for $22 when my slim ran me $35. That, and I've been looking for a decent low priced black beauty for a little while now.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Indeed! I paid $22 shipped for it, and I've seen some of these go for $100 or $200 sometimes. Of course those are usually almost completely immaculate, and this one does have a little bit of wear on it, but I can't complain for $22 when my slim ran me $35. That, and I've been looking for a decent low priced black beauty for a little while now.
You did really nice!

These. Anyone know anything about this Gellette company's single edge razors? :biggrin: Not sure if it's just the perspective or if one of the corner teeth is legit knocked in a bit on the Deluxe. Didn't look too bad though &, although I don't need another SS, I couldn't let a good Deluxe on a tuckaway handle pass by at that price.

Something else for the collection. I thought it was cool .
I'm considering making a non permanent shelf arrangement inside so I can use it as a storage cabinet for razors/brushes .

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 144
Something else for the collection. I thought it was cool .
I'm considering making a non permanent shelf arrangement inside so I can use it as a storage cabinet for razors/brushes .

Wow, that's really nice. I want to start looking for stuff like this for my den. Is that $0.50 for 1 blade?

$s-l1600-18.jpg
I saw this and wanted a case for my alum block and a Super Speed Flair for a future birthday gift for son. For $10 shipped I thought it was fair.

That's a nice one too, even if the plating is gone. New handle perhaps, by the look of that neck.

I actually sat here squinting at my 17mm baseplate for at least 10 minutes before I pulled the trigger, but I couldn't conclusively say one way or the other. Dude couldn't have just gotten a straight on shot of the teeth. Going to bug the crap out of me until it gets here. :biggrin:

That's a nice one too, even if the plating is gone. New handle perhaps, by the look of that neck.

I actually sat here squinting at my 17mm baseplate for at least 10 minutes before I pulled the trigger, but I couldn't conclusively say one way or the other. Dude couldn't have just gotten a straight on shot of the teeth. Going to bug the crap out of me until it gets here. [emoji3]
The handle on mine is an original - the Deluxe handle has the square shoulder vs the rounded shoulder of the regular NEW. Unfortunately, someone lopped of the threaded end
proxy.php

Well, yes, I meant it could maybe use a new handle because of the butchered neck. Wonder why someone would do that. It cleaned up well.

Last edited:
It actually looks pretty straight to me. Great score. I would have snapped it up if I hadn't just bought this even uglier NEW Deluxe
proxy.php

Just a little patina! :w00t:

It's brass man, make her shine, top of the handle has a boo boo, but that shouldn't matter. Nice razor my friend! :thumbup1:

These. Anyone know anything about this Gellette company's single edge razors? :biggrin: Not sure if it's just the perspective or if one of the corner teeth is legit knocked in a bit on the Deluxe. Didn't look too bad though &, although I don't need another SS, I couldn't let a good Deluxe on a tuckaway handle pass by at that price.

Looks like one corner tooth is slightly askew, very slightly, it won't effect anything, nice razor! :thumbup1:

Just a little patina! :w00t:

It's brass man, make her shine, top of the handle has a boo boo, but that shouldn't matter. Nice razor my friend! :thumbup1:
I love ugly duckling razors that tell a story. They polished up pretty good (see above). I'm going to keep the partially beheaded handle - I'll just flatten the top and chamfer the edges a bit. The threads are shot on both the top cap and handle so I'll either Heli-coil them, or braze some brass/bronze in the threads and cut a new set.

I love ugly duckling razors that tell a story. They polished up pretty good (see above). I'm going to keep the partially beheaded handle - I'll just flatten the top and chamfer the edges a bit. The threads are shot on both the top cap and handle so I'll either Heli-coil them, or braze some brass/bronze in the threads and cut a new set.

:thumbup1: Very cool!

That razor's a keeper and a fine shave. Prior user may have modify it to fit someplace, I don't know; but now you can pretty it up and use it. :thumbup:

They cut some off to get the cap stud down deeper into good threads in the handle. Seen a few variations on that theme, all bad!

Top Bottom