What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

OK, I got this Leresche # 77 recently. One of my top faves. $GetAttachment.aspx.jpg

Last edited:
I had to get one of these Stahlys and found one in like new condition. I've tried the head on a standard handle and it shaves wonderful. I've not had the courage to try the vibration mode yet. There's a funny video on the tube with a kid attempting to shave with a vibrating Stahly and chopping up his face like a weed-wacker through grass!
$$(KGrHqJ,!rQFIEBjlz-tBSIVN6djug~~60_14.JPG

Got three wonderful things in the mail today.
First off...
$uploadfromtaptalk1379998644677.jpg $uploadfromtaptalk1379998681298.jpg
My new shaving brush custom made by Wolf Whiskers. I love the thing. It has me written all over it.

Second
$uploadfromtaptalk1379998862526.jpg
1951 W3 Gillette black tip

Third
$uploadfromtaptalk1379998913575.jpg
1941 Gillette Ranger with aluminum handle.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1379998703126.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1379998703126.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 10,057
There have been so many nice score posts lately I thought I might as well get in on the fun. This is my antique market find from last weekend...saw a little plain wooden box sitting closed on a table and opened it up to reveal this (the box ended up being a Wilkinson box actually). Nice surprise! Insta grabbed this bad boy and left a happy man ;)

Happy hunting everyone

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice find, have you tried shaving yet? It looks as if there might be an alignment issue. There are a handful of threads on here discussing how to easily fix it.

Nice find, have you tried shaving yet? It looks as if there might be an alignment issue. There are a handful of threads on here discussing how to easily fix it.
I have not tried it yet. I didn't notice anything wrong with my examination of it but i see what you mean in the pic...I'll have to take a closer look tonight thanks! Glad to hear it's easily fixed worst case ;)

Not to be nosy, but did you beat this price? Fat Boys and Executives are great shaves btw. Congrats.

Attachments

• $cmdr.jpeg
    $cmdr.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 8,886
Starting to build my collection, and these three razors arrived in the mail today: A Gillette Fatboy, an Adjustable Slim and a NEW.

I am so excited. I wanted to share at least a picture with the gang here!

Cheers,
Michael

Attachments

• $Gillette Fatboy - 1959 E2.jpg
    $Gillette Fatboy - 1959 E2.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 9,136
  • $Gillette Adjustable Slim - H4 1964.jpg
    $Gillette Adjustable Slim - H4 1964.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 8,969
  • $Gillette New -1930s.jpg
    $Gillette New -1930s.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 9,094