What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Golf? Strange name. Black case and mottled brown bakelite? razor, Plasti-Pack red plastic. Going to try the Golf tomorrow. I love travel sets. Stand by for more!
proxy.php

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I won this right when I was getting into bed last night ,it needs some work
will post some after pictures latter
$gw.jpg$gw2.jpg$gw3.jpg$gw4.jpg$gw5.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I am very happy with this silver Empire set! It is in phenomenal shape. It's also the first razor I've acquired that has a repair SN on it. They must've done a great job, too. For the life of me, I cannot see what repair was done.

$IMAG1150.jpg$IMAG1152.jpg$IMAG1153.jpg$IMAG1154.jpg

$20160210_085835.jpg

Another addition to the collection.
SS flare tip B4
$2 at an estate sale
Got an H2 slim adjustable also but already have one so.......

Last edited:
Here's my latest find, at a seaside market at Queenscliff in Vic, Australia.
It's an Arden Forest, bakelite, probably 1940s or 1950s -- I find it a great little razor, very smooth, but giving a closer cut even than my new Futur adjustable or my Gillette Fat Boy or Slim. Closest I guess to a Tech, but gets closer to the skin.
It's not the most handsome of razors but gives a great result. It comes in a very smart little folding leather case. Inside the case is a model number, C143.
The base plate of the shaving head says 'made in England' in very small letters, and a reg. number which my eyes can't make out.
Any info on these would be appreciated. I did post this first in the general area but from now on will stick to this thread for new purchases ....
The pics show it alongside my Futur for size comparison. The large shaving soap in the pic comes from Naples .. I couldn't resist the fab ceramic bowl when I saw it in a shop in Rome a couple of months back...

Top Bottom