What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

A few days ago I posted a thread on where I could find an aristocrat, which started me on my hunt. I ended up buying one from a user on this site and I can DEFINITELY see why these are so amazing and hard to get a hold of. It was one of the cleanest and most enjoyable shaves I have had with a razor and this is quickly becoming my favorite in my collection!

$IMG_20140222_122452.jpg$IMG_20140222_122422.jpg$IMG_20140222_122438.jpg

Last edited:
I got a pair of nice 40's Style Super Speeds for a dollar a piece today in the wild.

No end caps missing or anything.

Not exactly the Holy Grail but cool old razors.

I have now hit up every antique store within about a 20-25 mile radius of my home; it has taken about 7 weeks or so. Today I was ecstatic to come across my first complete set. For your viewing pleasure is a 1918 Old Type Tuckaway (SN H48732). The case is silver plated and in very good condition with a few worn spots.

$tuckaway_4.jpg$tuckaway_1.jpg$tuckaway_2.jpg$tuckaway_3.jpg

Last edited:
This is a Chicago Roller guard razor. I bought it because it looked like a Muhle R41. It is truly bizarre. The guards roll / spin. What is even stranger is that the blade gap is basically zero. I shimmed it just to get the blade off the guard.
$IMG_0216[1].jpg

I have now hit up every antique store within about a 20-25 mile radius of my home; it has taken about 7 weeks or so. Today I was ecstatic to come across my first complete set. For your viewing pleasure is a 1918 Old Type Tuckaway (SN H48732). The case is silver plated and in very good condition with a few worn spots.

View attachment 416530View attachment 416531View attachment 416532View attachment 416533

I don't want to rain on your parade, because that is a really cool set that you found...but, I don't think the Tuckaway sets were ever sold with "Old Type" heads.

If you want to be truly complete, you need a "New Improved" head for that thing.

I just picked up my first, "B" date code Gillette super speed.
I love this razor! Super smooth and this one is brand new. I found it on e-bay for $56. Hey I am OK with it. This baby is perfect!$b mod.jpg

Top Bottom