What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Some days are just better than others. After hunting in the wild for the past 3 months I've about given up on finding anything really old, although I did come across a mismatched Old Type - Tuckaway a couple of months ago. Last week I finally gave in and made my first purchase off the Bay, a 1912 Single Ring; and then, Today !!! A 1908 (A434924) Single Ring from the wild for $7, badly tarnished to say the least. Can someone point me to the silver cleaning thread?

View attachment 439428View attachment 439429View attachment 439430View attachment 439431

Wrights silver cream worked miracles for me.

My mate's been on fire yesterday. This was yesterday's loot.

$loot.jpg

:001_cool:

I scored this on the weekend, and it came today.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398361314.188266.jpg
It is a T-3 short handle Black Beauty. It is my first one. I might shave with it tomorrow.

Picked up what I think is a ball end old type today. It's stamped made in Canada, and has a crack in each end of the handle. Cleaned up relatively well for a first go-over. It's my first OC razor.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 125
The handle cracks are pretty common. Nice find, seems to be in good shape.

Yeah, I've been doing some reading here. May try the epoxy route at some point. Gonna try and get it a bit cleaner first. Has a spot on the head where it seems some of the plating is rough/dark. Well worth the $5 it cost me though.

Yeah, I've been doing some reading here. May try the epoxy route at some point. Gonna try and get it a bit cleaner first. Has a spot on the head where it seems some of the plating is rough/dark. Well worth the $5 it cost me though.

Great price, especially considering they're great shavers!

Hot soapy water and pipe cleaners, pop both ends off the handle and get in there then once you get them really clean go the pen/epoxy route and you will never notice the difference!

Top Bottom