What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Starting to build my collection, and these three razors arrived in the mail today: A Gillette Fatboy, an Adjustable Slim and a NEW.

I am so excited. I wanted to share at least a picture with the gang here!

Cheers,
Michael

Great scores Michael!

Well, I landed a really good Aristocrat. Paid a little more than I wanted, but I managed to sell of some good razors so I could pay that extra $! :biggrin1: Some pictures for us all to drool over. Razor's swedish sold with instructionsheet. No brassing, no fleabites. I do belive this razor have seen very little action.

$20130925_132639.jpg$20130925_132727.jpg$20130925_132920.jpg$20130925_133030.jpg$20130925_133125.jpg

I picked these two razors up today. The one on the right is brass and I really like the weight of it. It came with a fat tech handle but I'd really like to find the original for it. Can someone ID them for me?

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380112554.459327.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380112489.743449.jpg

4 piece Ri Mei arrived in the mail yesterday. $2 on Amazon.ca. I am going to probably try it this weekend then ditch it on a relative in order to get them to try DE shaving.

embrace the junk, be one with the junk

prices shown arent what i paid lol. i got the cased old type cuz i think the case was cool and i wanted it for my collection. inside is a bar handle new. nice surprise on the black handle, i looked at it better at home and lifted up the blade to find instructions. the os traveler set also has full bottles of talc and as. i had to get up early to get it, but to the winner goes the spoils, or junk depending on how you look at it.

Attachments

• $IMG_6793.jpg
    $IMG_6793.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 841
  • $IMG_6794.jpg
    $IMG_6794.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 835
I can tell why they called them "black beauties" I paid around 30 for the adjustable, I thought I overpaid a bit until I received the razor, and it's freaking pristine. No marks anywhere, and just under 20 for the super speed. I'm about to polish the heads, since I just cleaned, sanitized, and oiled the mechanisms with a little mineral oil soak. The super speed's not in bad shape either, but it was a little scummy.

$KIMG0029.jpg

Slim adjustable in the front is the newest acquisition.

I can tell why they called them "black beauties" I paid around 30 for the adjustable, I thought I overpaid a bit until I received the razor, and it's freaking pristine. No marks anywhere, and just under 20 for the super speed. I'm about to polish the heads, since I just cleaned, sanitized, and oiled the mechanisms with a little mineral oil soak. The super speed's not in bad shape either, but it was a little scummy.

you guys both picked up some nice looking razors

Recent buy:

I had NO idea what this was, when I bought it. I believe it's a 1920's Gillette Debutante. The ball end seems to be missing! And it's pretty beat up. Anybody have any more info?

$100_3380.jpg$100_3378.jpg$100_3379.jpg

Got this at the antique store near my house for $20 today. Looked pretty much like this. I scrubbed it with a toothbrush and washed in alcohol for good measure.

$DSCF0007.jpg

Well, I landed a really good Aristocrat.
Congrats, what a beauty! I followed the auction and wished I could afford bidding!

In the meantime, in my little corner, I managed to grab an all-nickel Rocket HD for what I consider a great (Swedish) price ($15, saw a '40s SS go for three times as much just a couple hours before that).
$Rocket HD.jpg
Just needs a little cleaning from soap scum, sanitizing and maybe a mild polish on the cap. Looking forward to trying this razor, which seems to be held in high regard by many around here!

Here is a teaser of my latest acquisition. I think the previous owner is a member here. If you are reading this, it's in good hands :biggrin1:

$rocket.jpg

Top Bottom