What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

Gem 1912

$MailCall 20140910.JPG

Just picked these up outside of Calgary. A Valet Autostrop in the original bakelite cases with strop and blade holder. The strop has a small tear, but I also got two other Gillette blade holders filled with Autostrop blades, double edge blades, and a box with two Ever Ready SE blades.
$20140915_103930-EFFECTS.jpg$20140915_103916.jpg$20140915_105810.jpg

... some of my recent acquisitions:

Damaskeene:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Lovely Ever Ready 1912 Set:

proxy.php

... all four types of Contour now, including the hybrid flip-top metal backed variant:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Military G3 Set:

proxy.php

Star Featherweight:

proxy.php

Unusual Shovel Head:

proxy.php

That ever ready is so nice, i love that design. i haven't found one yet. But i will

Got this one today.

zero plating loss on the razor. 2 Gem NOS blades, and 4 NOS PAL blades. $16. This is my first GEM razor.

Swish!

... and as your first GEM razor, you must shave with it next and cherish it hereafter.

This one is YOURS.

Swish!

... and as your first GEM razor, you must shave with it next and cherish it hereafter.

This one is YOURS.

Hey pjgh, thank you for the kind words.

i'll be shaving with it later today before i take the wife to dinner. I can't wait!!

i put a blade in there to see the blade exposure, and it looks nice.

I used the GEM with a PAL blade. It must be borderline criminal how easy it is to get a shave with this razor.

I love it!

Today, the Postman brought me this:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

... quick scrub! It's going to want to more thorough cleaning:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Post-merger Gillette Autostrop Division. Canadian.

I also got this Star from the earlier period - it's a Brooklyn with a curved cap:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom