What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

Another PAL Adjusto-metic

GB Model, unused and with instructions.

$IMG_0294.jpg

$IMG_0295.jpg

Query from AZWetshaver.

Will I use It ? Possibly not as I have Equivalent shape USA model , and Two other GB models which I have used ,and rate highly.

Last edited:
Got my first Bullet Tip. Here are some before photos. It was the only one I really wanted, but I took 7 more for the discount and free shipping. I got an E2 Schick and another M2 Adjustable as well.
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Chromium plated 1912 with the NRA (Roosevelt's National Recovery Act) stamp dating it to 1933-1935.

Here are my latest SE acquisitions.

I won this lot for next to nothing.
proxy.php

The razors needed some cleaning, but I'm satisfied with the results. I haven't tried any of them yet, as I want to finish using the Schick blade in my PAL Injectomatic first... I got 6 shaves from it and some more remaining.

The first one to the left has a fixed spring that has been opened in the past. It's still very firm and I don't think this will be a problem. Is it a Type E2 ? Here are more pictures of it...
proxy.php

proxy.php

The second one has a spring that move to the left. There is some texture to the head. This one would clean even better with some effort. I think this is a Type E1. Again, here are more pictures of it...
proxy.php

proxy.php

Finally, the one to the right was in rougher shape. It seems to be a Type G1. This one has been opened and was loose. I think it is safe to use now as the blade is secured once the key is removed. It doesn't rattle anymore. I will be cautious when I'll use it. The pictures now.
proxy.php

proxy.php

That's it for now !

Here are my latest SE acquisitions.

I won this lot for next to nothing.
proxy.php

The razors needed some cleaning, but I'm satisfied with the results. I haven't tried any of them yet, as I want to finish using the Schick blade in my PAL Injectomatic first... I got 6 shaves from it and some more remaining.

The first one to the left has a fixed spring that has been opened in the past. It's still very firm and I don't think this will be a problem. Is it a Type E2 ? Here are more pictures of it...
proxy.php

proxy.php

The second one has a spring that move to the left. There is some texture to the head. This one would clean even better with some effort. I think this is a Type E1. Again, here are more pictures of it...
proxy.php

proxy.php

Finally, the one to the right was in rougher shape. It seems to be a Type G1. This one has been opened and was loose. I think it is safe to use now as the blade is secured once the key is removed. It doesn't rattle anymore. I will be cautious when I'll use it. The pictures now.
proxy.php

proxy.php

That's it for now !

The first two are different variants of the E2. The one that has the spring that moves is the first version of the E2. Does the one with the fixed spring rattle when you shake it or move you grip it between your thumb and forefinger and apply normal back and forth pressure? If not, it is probably fine. :thumbup1:

The first two are different variants of the E2. The one that has the spring that moves is the first version of the E2. Does the one with the fixed spring rattle when you shake it or move you grip it between your thumb and forefinger and apply normal back and forth pressure? If not, it is probably fine. :thumbup1:
Thanks for the info.

The 3rd razor doesn't rattle anymore. I gently adjusted it with pliers. I'm not able to easily remove a blade without the key inserted. We'll see how it shaves...

I found these 3 razors a few months back at an antique store along with some vintage gillettes. I'm not a single edge shaver, but thought they were really nice razors. I don't know much about them other than that 2 are ever ready, the other is a gem micromatic. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
$20160206_100057.jpg$20160206_100110.jpg

Attachments

• $20160206_100044.jpg
    $20160206_100044.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 84
The Ever-Ready in the box is a 1912, the other one is a 1924, and the Micromatic is the open comb model, often referred to as the MMOC (or OCMM, depending on who you ask). They're all great shavers, with the 1912 being in the middle of the aggression scale, and the other two more on the aggressive side.

Get yourself some stainless steel pfte coated Gem blades and give them a try. :thumbup1:

--Bob

Thanks for the information Bob. I will have to get some blades and give them a try. I like using all the razors I buy at least once.

Top Bottom