What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

Acquired some time ago. Enders Speed with Blades ! look in fair condition , maybe one day will have a go.

. $P1310078 : 1.jpg

Uncased ER 1914 , surprised to get it quite cheap.maybe because it was on UK site !

View attachment 606668

Very nice - and you've got one of the later ones with the good blade stops. The plating good, too. These often have major plating loss around the ends of the cap, I suppose from people lifting where it says to. ASR sold a boatload of these and even cased sets can often be had for nice prices.

It will look a little intimidating the first time you load a blade - major blade exposure! :blink:

--Bob

"Congratulations! You've bought an Ever-Ready GEM ..."

proxy.php

Hang on! I bought a what, now? An Ever-Ready, or a GEM? It's a GEM Push Button, that's for sure ... but it says "Ever Ready" on the baseplate. What happen?

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Received a Gem Junior Bar in the mail today. I stopped home between jobs, so I didn't have time to get pics, but I'll share some tonight.

That's a beauty! Give it a good clean with soap-removing bathroom cleaner, a good shine up with some metal polish and it'll be a phenomenal shaver.

I picked this up today at an antique store...can anyone assist with identifying this razor, i.e. date? Sorry..not the greatest photo.
What is the best way to clean these razors?
$GEM.jpg

I've become so enamored of the early E2 (it opens) and is such a great razor, that last week i bid, and won on the big auction site, for a Type N. It came today and was in reasonably good shape just a little cleaning first in Scrubbing Bubbles and then dish detergent and warm water and it came out looking virtually new. There was a blade it it so it was nice and tight. I loaded a new blade [I'm going to try a Ted Pella/Personna in it] and will try it probably Wednesday morning. I will really be tickled if it shaves as well as the E2, realizing that it may be milder. Although I am very partial to mild razors.
Here's two Pictures:
$P1060975 a.jpg$P1060976.jpg

The goldish tone is from sunlight through the widow. The razor is nicely chromed. Second image is truer coloration.

Last edited:
I've become so enamored of the early E2 (it opens) and is such a great razor, that last week i bid, and won on the big auction site, for a Type N. It came today and was in reasonably good shape just a little cleaning first in Scrubbing Bubbles and then dish detergent and warm water and it came out looking virtually new. There was a blade it it so it was nice and tight. I loaded a new blade [I'm going to try a Ted Pella/Personna in it] and will try it probably Wednesday morning. I will really be tickled if it shaves as well as the E2, realizing that it may be milder. Although I am very partial to mild razors.
Here's two Pictures:
View attachment 610740View attachment 610741

The goldish tone is from sunlight through the widow. The razor is nicely chromed. Second image is truer coloration.

Looking really nice - sounds like you are edging out on that slippery slope. Enjoy the ride! :thumbup1:

Personna Executive Injector..
proxy.php

proxy.php

Another shot..
proxy.php

proxy.php

And lastly..
proxy.php

proxy.php

I got this Personna Executive Injector from France today...I opened the parcel up and thought I have Dud here...I looked again and I realized that this injector was meant to have an all plastic Finnish...Its moulded out of a one piece plastic mould...The other Executive that I have here has a stainless brushed finish like any other Executive that I have seen...I reckon that that the White Moulded Plastic just might be a Proto - Type or a Factory Blank of some sort...Its a bit of a mystery for sure...It was made this way for sure but I don't reckon this was ever sold to the public...Its like New....It came with a blade in it but doesn't look as if it has been used in way shape or form... Its a strange Bird and I am over the moon with this one....May be worth a Bloody Fortune...
proxy.php

Billy

I love it when it pans out like this ... "Oh! Not what I expected ... but Oh! Oooh! Oooooh! Actually, that is interesting".

Top Bottom