What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

Paul, you show off!

proxy.php

Someone said to my teachers teacher that he wanted to study Martial Arts to be like Bruce Lee.....My teachers teacher apparently answered ....Why do want to be like Bruce Lee ?

He's Dead....:lol:

Billy

My first, and currently only, SE. It was my grandpa's and it took me a few decades to decide to try it out. Glad I did! I have a Clog-Pruf and a G-Bar on the way. Will post once I have them in my hands.

$GEM 1912.jpg

... after a disappointing first LOUIS, which was a piece of junk, I think I hit the jackpot with this one:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The included blade is good enough and I think it will respond to honing well. It'll take a modern GEM perfectly well, otherwise.

I got this sweet little British Made GEM repatriated from Australia:

proxy.php

proxy.php

The keen-eyed amongst you will notice that the blade, too, is a British Made GEM.

Hey! That Young looks like good fun!

Have you tried an injector blade in it? So long as you can trap it firmly and get the blade edge up front, great ...

A trio of Gems:

$IMG_20150731_070936002.jpg

Including my first Damaskeene!

But check out the mirror finish on this one
$IMG_20150731_071056463.jpg

I'm starting to enjoy these ebay lots. Been finding hidden "gems" (ha) in them. :lol:

... that's because it is a STAR. STAR was one of the brands (originally Kampfe) that came together into the new American Safety Razor Corporation formed in 1919. GEM had the "1912" patent and this was shared with the other brands after the merger, so we get Ever Ready, STAR, GEM, Radio, Oxford and later, Treet, all with 1912 or 1912-like heads.

Wait....so now I need to find a Radio, an Oxford and Treet razor so I can call my collection of 1912's complete?? My wife is gonna kill me.

$Clug Pruf Red.jpg$G Bar.jpg$G2 Countertop.jpg$New 3 Counter.jpg

Clog-Pruf micromatic, G Bar, and Schick G2 (14k gold filled 1946 Christmas Edition). All in the last few weeks. Too bad that open comb Damaskeene on eBay went to another bidder for $46 today...

I think the fever is breaking - honest! :001_smile

Last edited:
Just got this 1901 Kampfe Bros. New Model Star Lather Catcher set.

$star01_1.JPG

$star01_2.JPG

$star01_3.JPG

$star01_4.JPG

$star01_5.JPG

I'm amazed at how well this razor cleaned up - there is no brassing at all anywhere. It must have been used very lightly and then stored away for many years. Ah, if these razors could only talk! :001_rolle

--Bob

Top Bottom